xi. 𝐌𝐘 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋

THE BEEPING STOPPED

THE BEEPING STOPPED. I closed my eyes shut bracing for impact, but the impact never came.

I looked up to see the plane in flames and a familiar voice over the radio.

"Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen. This is your savior speaking." I don't think I've ever been so thankful to hear Hangman's voice. "Please fasten all seatbelts. Return all tray-tables to their locked and upright positions. And prepare for landing."

Rooster and I both laugh as we look at Hangman.

"Good god hangman you just can't get enough of me." I joke.

"Hey Hangman, you look good." Rooster says, and I think this time he really means it as a compliment.

"I am good, Rooster. I'm very good." He smiles. "I'll see you back on deck."

-¯'★'¯-

I'VE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER TO BE OUT OF MY PLANE. Especially after almost dying three different times. When we crash-landed onto the carrier everyone runs to us. It was kind of overwhelming but refreshing at the same time.

Phoenix is the first one to quite literally tackle me in a hug.

"Oh my god, May."

"I'm so glad I'm not dead." She laughs but what else was I supposed to say?

When we pull away, Hangman reaches his hand out for a handshake. I instead embrace him in a hug.

"I owe you my life, Seresin."

"I think a couple beers will be a fine alternative." He smirks. I look up to see both admirals smiling at me. Admiral Bates even fistbumps the air. I laugh and salute them. More aviators come up and give me fist-bumps, congratulating me.

I turn around and come face to face with Maverick.

"I knew I made the right choice." He embraces me. "Your dad is going to be so proud of you." I smiled at him.

"Thank you for believing in me, Maverick."

After a bit of the commotion calms down, I turn to Bradley with the biggest smile on my face.

"Can I get that kiss now or what?" He smirks, shrugging his shoulders.

I pull him in and kiss him like my life depended on it. Although we were both hot and sweaty, it was perfect. He wraps his arms around my waste and I run my fingers through his hair. The kiss told me everything I needed to know, I needed him.

I heard a couple whistles coming from Phoenix and Hangman.

"Get a room, you two!" We pulled apart and I couldn't stop smiling, I don't think I'll ever stop smiling .

He pulled me in for a hug and rested his head on top of my head. "We did it, Lady May."

"How about those beers now, Riot?" Hangman asks.

-¯'★'¯-

AFTER THE SUCCESS OF OUR MISSION, we celebrate at the Hard Deck. We celebrate our accomplishments. We celebrate our friendships. But most importantly, I celebrate because I'm alive.

I bought Hangman his beers (don't worry) and I just enjoyed being with everyone. It's heartbreaking to think this is one of our last moments together with this wonderful group of people. After this, we will part ways and they are all going to go back to their normal lives. But I can't sit here and be sad about it, I need to spend this time with them and make memories.

"That's game." Phoenix announces after we, yet again, beat Hangman and Rooster in nine ball.

"Oh come on." Rooster whines. "Why can't you go easy on us?"

"That was us going easy on you." I squeezed his cheeks together and he looked very unimpressed.

"Rematch." He wraps his arms around my waist.

"Okay as much as I love you two finally together, can you like not?" Phoenix asks. "You're making me feel lonely."

"I'm so sorry, Rooster." I move to wrap my arms around Phoenix. "This is my wife, she comes before you."

"Wow." He scoffs and goes to join in playing Darts with Payback and Fanboy.

"I'm so sad I'm not going to be living with you anymore." Natasha sighs.

"Me too." I frown. "I'm really gonna miss you waking me up at the crack of dawn."

"I know, you really love it." She sits on a barstool. "So what does the future hold for you?"

"I don't know," I look over at Bradley. The original plan was to go back to Colorado as soon as possible, but I don't think I want to stick with that plan anymore. "I'll figure it out though."

"I know you and Bradshaw will figure something out." She winks.

"Shut your face." I smile. I'm gonna miss her teasing. "I think I'll retire."

"wow, at the ripe age of 27?"

"You know it. After almost dying multiple times today, I think I've had my fair share of pilot shit."

"I understand that, now you can be a pilot wife."

"Natasha."

"I can't wait to be maid of honor at your wedding, I have so many good stories to share." We walked over to the boy's game of darts, thank god Rooster was better at darts than he was pool.

"So, what are you going to do after this?" I ask Bob who's sitting on a stool watching.

"Gonna go home to my girlfriend." He smiles.

"Girlfriend? How come you haven't told us about her?" Phoenix asks.

"You never asked."

"Well, what's she like?" I ask.

-¯'★'¯-

Not long later "Careless Whisper" comes on the jukebox. I laugh at the cheesy song as Bradley reaches his hand out to me.

"Dance with me, Riot? I take his hand and he wraps an arm around my waist. We sway back and forth to the music, just enjoying each other's company.

"Don't go back to Colorado." He says leaning his forehead onto mine. "Stay with me."

"I promise will never leave you again." I close the gap and kiss him.

" I close the gap and kiss him

A/N

One more chapter and Lady May is officially finished :(

i'm so in love with May and Bradley, already planning their wedding for them

<3 Cj