viii. 𝐏𝐔𝐍𝐊 𝐓𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐒

Now playing from "Riot's in the sky":

𝐏𝐔𝐍𝐊 𝐓𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐒

0:57 ━━━•──────── 3:59

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

I BARELY SLEPT LAST NIGHT

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I BARELY SLEPT LAST NIGHT. The anticipation of this mission kept me up all night. I couldn't sleep after what happened with Bradley. We spent the night together and stayed up trying to calm the other down about the mission.

I loved being with him, I love..him.

That's why my nerves are eating me alive. I'm terrified of losing him. Now that we are as close as ever, the fear of never seeing him again is as prominent as ever. I have to bring us both back home.

So this morning, I got up. I fixed my heart, and put on my makeup. I showed up to the carrier with the most confident attitude I could muster. But on the inside, I was a ticking time bomb, just waiting to melt into a puddle.

"It's been an honor flying with you." Maverick greets our class. It scares me to think this might be the last time all of us will be together. Everyone in the room is feeling the same thing, fear.

"Each one of you represents the best of the best. This is a very specific mission. My choices are a reflection of that, and nothing more."

"Choose your two foxtrot teams." Admiral Simpson orders.

There was a pause. "Payback and Fanboy. Phoenix and Bob."

"Your wingman."

I suck in a breath.

"..Rooster."

Rooster looks very surprised, but deep down inside I knew it would be him.

"And, your team leader."

"Riot."

I release a breath and slightly smile to myself. In front of me, I can see Hangman's slight disappointment.

"The rest of you will stand by on the carrier, for any, reserved role that's required." Admiral Bates instructs. "Dismissed."

After a few fistbumps, handshakes, and "goodlucks", the team makes our way out of the room.

As I walk to my jet, I go through every single detail about this mission in my head. Nuclear plant tucked between two mountains. Time to target 2 minutes 30 seconds. With every step I take, the faster my heart pounds.

This is what I've been training for. Now I just need to come home safe.

I met Hangman halfway to my plane. I thought he was going to give me a snarky comment to throw me off my A-game, but instead he puts a hand on my shoulder.

𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐌𝐀𝐘, BRADLEY BRADSHAWजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें