Chapter 10: Hellfire

——————————🔔——————————

(Y/n) and Quasimodo began climbing back up the tower. They reached the top and (Y/n) grabbed the railing to pull herself up but gasped when someone grabbed her arm and pulled her towards them. It was Phoebus.

"Hello there. We meet again. I'm looking for the gypsy boy. Have you seen him?"

"Uh..."

Quasimodo growled at him. "Let go of her."

Phoebus released (Y/n) and backed away as Quasimodo leapt at him.

"Whoa, whoa, easy!"

Quasimodo backed Phoebus down a staircase, grabbing a torch and swinging the flame at him.

"No soldiers! Sanctuary! Get out!" He yelled.

"Wait! All I want is to —!"

"Go!"

"I mean him no harm! Can I just talk to your sister?"

"No! Go!"

Quasimodo swing the torch again, but Phoebus blocked it with his sword, and Quasimodo grabbed him by the front of his cape.

"Tell him that I didn't mean to trap him here, but it was the only way I could save his life. And tell your sister that I wanted to help her at the Festival. Will you tell them that? Will you?" He asked.

"If you go. Now."

"I'll go. Now will you...put me down please?"

Quasimodo released Phoebus and he went down the stairs, but he paused and turned back to Quasimodo.

"Oh, and one more thing. Tell Esmeraldo, he's very lucky."

"Why?"

"To have a friend like you. And to have a girl like (Y/n)."

With that, Pheobus turned and left.

...

(Y/n) was still standing outside when Quasimodo came back. Victor, Hugo, and Laverne approached them and cheered.

"Way to go (Y/n)! I knew it wouldn't be long before you caught yourself a man!" Hugo praised.

"They grow up so fast." Victor gushed.

"Caught a man?"

"Esmeraldo? Tall, dark hair, handsome, works with a goat, remember?" Laverne reminded her.

"Boy, I do. Way to go, lover girl!"

"Lover girl? Oh no, no, no, no."

"Don't be so modest." Laverne told her.

"Look, I appreciate what you all are trying to do, but I don't think I'm his type. He was just...trying to be nice." She explained, trying not to get her hopes up.

(Y/n) sighed and looked out over Paris from the railing.

🎵(Y/n): "So many times out there, I've watched a happy pair, of lovers walking in the night."🎵