Chapter 12: Heaven's Light

——————————🔔——————————

Quasimodo watched from the side as (Y/n) looked at the card and smiled. She glanced over to Quasimodo and saw his sad expression and handed it to him.

"Here."

"Why are you giving this to me?" He asked.

"Well, I know that this is a troubling time, but I thought you'd like to keep this as a reminder that know matter what happens, I'll always be here for you."

Quasimodo smiled and hugged her.

"(Y/n)? Quasimodo?" Esmeraldo's voice called.

"Esmeraldo?" (Y/n) pulled away from Quasimodo who frowned and they rushed towards the stairs.

"Esmeraldo, you're alright! I knew you'd come back!" (Y/n) rushed down and threw her arms around him, and he wrapped his around her waist.

"You two have done so much for me already. But I must ask your help one more time." He pleaded.

"Of course, anything." She promised.

Esmeraldo left for a moment, but came back with Phoebus hanging on his shoulder.

"This is Phoebus. He's wounded and a fugitive like me. He can't go on much longer. I knew he'd be safe here. Please, can you hide him?"

(Y/n) and Quasimodo looked at each other and they nodded.

"This way." Quasimodo gestured.

They brought him upstairs and and laid him down on a mat.

"Esmeraldo?" Phoebus groaned.

"Don't talk. You'll hide here until you're strong enough to move." He said, placing a hand on Phoebus's shoulder.

(Y/n) came over and knelt down next to him and uncorked a sack of wine.

"Great. I could use a drink." Phoebus joked.

(Y/n) poured the alcohol over his wound and Phoebus hissed in pain.

"Ahh! Yes. Mmm. Feels like a 1470 burgundy. Not a good year."

Esmeraldo stood behind (Y/n) with his arms crossed as he watched her work.

"That family owes you their lives." Esmeraldo told him, as (Y/n) stitched his wound. "You're either the single bravest soldier I've seen, or the craziest."

"Ex-soldier, remember?" Phoebus looked over to (Y/n). "And why is it, whenever we meet, I end up bleeding?"

(Y/n) just rolled her eyes and finished stitching his wound. "Get some rest. You have a lot of recovering to do."

(Y/n) stood up and walked over to where Esmeraldo was standing.

"Are you alright? Do you have any injuries?" She asked.

"No, I'm fine, little dove." He reassured her.

"How on Earth did you manage to get back here without anyone seeing you?"