[EXTRA] 300 Reads Special!

As a celebration for this milestone, I wanted to flesh out Sarah's dream from the start of Chapter Four to show you all what she really thinks about Ice! Thanks!

Sarah and Tom walked hand-in-hand to the hangar where an F-14 Tomcat sat waiting for them. She looked at him questioningly. She wondered why he brought her here, as he knew she liked flying alone with no help. She walked over to the plane and touched it, then looked back at him. He had this big smile on his face, like he was hiding something. She wanted him to tell her, but it seemed like he was dragging it out. Walking back over and standing at a safe distance away, she delivered a light punch to his arm, as if to say, "come on, spit it out!"

"Sarah..." Tom said, his smile getting wider.

"Yes?" She asked in her most innocent voice possible.

"Come here, let me take you on a flight." Tom winked at her. What??

"I can do it myself..." Sarah started but hesitated slightly. "But since you are offering..."

They walked across the hangar to the plane. Tom started to warm up the controls. Sarah admired him from behind and imagined herself standing beside him one day, helping him with the controls, their hands brushing...

"Are you okay?" Tom asked her. She didn't notice that he turned around. "You seemed like you were in a daze."

She shook her head slightly, as if to get rid of those thoughts. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for starting the controls."

Tom walked back over to her and stood beside her, one hand on his hip. She secretly wanted him to put an arm around her waist. At this moment, she realized how touch-starved she really was. Even though she had Nick and Pete, they were not the same as Tom. She wanted his touch.

She let all of her thoughts of Tom in real life fade away. This dream was hers, and she could think whatever she wanted, since Tom would never know.

The controls finished warming up and he opened the glass top for them to get in.

"Ladies first," he said with a smile.

She bowed in mock appreciation as she got in the back of the plane. The view was different, since she was always in the front of the plane. Tom got in after her and strapped himself in. Callsign time, this is the best part. I love when he uses my callsign... They put on their headsets.

"Everything okay, Riser?" Tom asked through the radio.

"Yep, all clear, Iceman." Sarah responded. I wonder if he shares the same feelings about using callsigns...

"Control tower one, this is Iceman requesting for takeoff." He spoke into the comm.

"All clear."

Tom began taking the plane down the runway. He pulled on the yoke (plane steering wheel), and they took off, shooting high into the sky. Sarah felt the acceleration of the plane and looked down. She laughed happily.

"What's the laughter for, Riser?"

"Oh, nothing, Ice. I'm just glad to be here with you."

Even though she couldn't see it, Tom smiled at her words. He especially loved it when she called him "Ice" rather than "Iceman" or "Tom".

They flew in silence for the next hour. During that time, Sarah's mind began to drift again.

I want you, Ice. I want you to come here and hug me. You are one of the best pilots here.

She imagined both of them winning Top Gun, even though she knew that Jacob was her R.I.O. Maybe she would be able to be his RIO one day, just for one dogfight...

The thought of both of them standing on the podium, wingman and pilot, arms wrapped around each other in happiness, made her heart race. She wanted it so badly. However, she was not going to let these thoughts get in the way of her winning. He was going to be her RIO on that podium, not the other way around.

Her thoughts were cut off by the sound of Tom speaking.

"Everything okay back there?"

"Yes, it's fine."

"I'm going to land the plane, since it is getting dark."

"Alright, that's fine."

Secretly, she wanted to stay up in the air with him forever. She didn't want to return to her life on the ground.

"Control tower one, this is Iceman, requesting for landing," He spoke into the radio.

"Request approved, it is safe to land."

As the plane descended, so did Sarah's hopes. She will get to spend more time with him soon, she was sure of that.

They both hopped out of the plane. Tom hesitated, but then walked over and have her a hug. The feeling of his arms wrapped around hers made her heartbeat go Mach 2. She could feel the pounding of Tom's heart against her shoulder. She let go and they both had wide smiles on their faces. Before she could react, she could see him leaning in...

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Damn alarm clock, ruining my dreams. But that was an... odd dream.

————————

I dropped some hints for later chapters too! Keep reading for more sneak peeks!