Sage

Quick note: I'm going to kind of summarize her life up to a certain point, but more Sarah and Ice moments are coming!

————————

The months passed by and Sarah's belly got bigger. She was still able to teach at TOPGUN, but couldn't fly because of her baby. She was thankful every day to be a mother.

She sat with Tom in their backyard (they recently bought a nice cottage) and she felt something snap.

"Ice! My water broke!" She yelped and he helped her up and drove her to the hospital.

They went into the emergency area and Sarah was sent inside immediately. Tom hoped that everything would be okay. They let him come in after she was all settled in and prepared to deliver the child.

"Are you sure you are okay without injections?" A nurse asked her.

"I'm fine, I'm strong," she replied, taking Tom's hand in hers.

"Okay, then I want you to push as hard as you can," the nurse instructed her. She squeezed Tom's hand hard but was able to have a smooth delivery with no complications.

The nurse took the baby and washed her off, then returned her in a blanket.

"Congratulations on your new baby girl! What would you like to name her?" The nurse asked them. Both Sarah and Tom began crying. This was the best moment of their lives.

"We were thinking... Sage Marie Kazansky," Sarah replied. Tom nodded. They had thought about this earlier this year.

"We are going to do a few more tests then you can have her, okay?" The nurse said.

"Sure, that's fine," Tom said, smiling.

————————

The years passed by and Sarah and Tom were very happy watching Sage grow up. With the introduction of phones, they were able to catch her first words and her first steps.

Sage grew up with a little bit of both parents inside her. She got her mom's kindness and her dad's resilience. She never had a hot head, rather, stayed calm unless something really ticked her off.

She loved aviation and her parents took her on a lot of flights. She grew up alongside Bradley, and they were the best of friends.

Her grades were amazing, always top of the class. She never gave up and kept going, even when times were tough. Bradley wanted to go into flight school with her, so they enrolled at the same one. She helped him with his grades and they got in.

Both were great pilots. Sage flew like her dad, but when the enemy was tired, she would fly in quickly and take them out. She was observant like her mom, and always spotted things that no one else had seen before.

Sarah and Tom were overjoyed when they got the letter that Sage was accepted into TOPGUN. They told her lots of stories about their shenanigans there, and prepared her for anything that could happen.

Bradley was not accepted into TOPGUN that year, but he was in the class after. This was because Pete pulled his papers and that brought him back four years.

Sage and Bradley still talked a lot even though they were a year apart flight wise. Sage graduated at the top of her class, and Bradley did the same.

————————

Two years later, Tom and Sarah called Sage into their living room.

"Is everything okay?" Sage asked them.

"Yes, everything is great! We just got a call that you were asked to come back to TOPGUN for a mission. Only the best were able to get in," Sarah explained to her.

"Does that mean Bradley got in?" She asked.

"Yes, Bradley was also asked to come back," Tom answered.

"That's great! When do I leave?" She smiled.

"Tomorrow," Sarah said.

"Oh... okay, I'll pack my things then. I will make sure to visit though!" Sage skipped up the stairs and began packing her things.

————————

While doing her secret mission work, Sage did visit her parents occasionally. She always talked about a boy named "Bob" who was so kind and considerate. Tom knew immediately that she had a crush on him, but never humiliated her about it. Sarah always teased her about them having children.

Every time Bob's name was mentioned, Sage would cover her face because it burned so red.

"We would like to meet this 'Bob' before it is too late!" Sarah chuckled.

"I can invite him over sometime! I'm sure he would love it," Sage replied happily.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself, Sage. You've got a secret mission to go on!" Tom winked at her.

————————

Sage did indeed bring Bob home, and she introduced him to her parents. He stayed quiet most of the time, he was very introverted. Sage was the same way, and it took a lot to get her to talk about anything. One mention of Bob, though, and she would talk until the cows came home.

Tom and Sarah were very impressed with him. He was a genuinely caring guy and they knew that they did not have to worry about him getting her into any trouble.

(Bob fanfic maybe? 👀 I don't knowww)

————————

Tom and Sarah lived their lives in peace and calmness. They never fought or did anything rash to each other. Their favorite thing to do was look up at the stars and watch them shine into the night. Sage would join them if she wasn't out with her friends. They allowed her a lot of freedom, and never restricted her to anything where she could rebel against them.

They watched Sage and Bradley grow up, and were heartbroken when Carole died. They allowed Bradley to stay at their house for as long as he needed. Bob did come over some times, but Bradley didn't mind. He never caused any trouble and was mindful of everything. The influence coming off of Bob made the whole family better.

Everything was going smoothly, until disaster struck...

————————

(TOP GUN MAVERICK SPOILERS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER! IT IS A MAJOR ONE SO I AM JUST PUTTING THIS HERE!)

this will hurt to write...