[EXTRA] Sage and Bob

Before we get to the heartbreaking part, allow me to light it up a little! Here is a little bit of Sage and Bob's friendship while at TOPGUN.

————————

Sage and Bob were hurrying towards Bob's car, wanting to get to the Hard Deck before the other pilots. When they reached the car, Bob opened the door for Sage and let her in first, then went on his side. He was a cautious person, never driving too much over the speed limit, yet always making good time.

They arrived at the Hard Deck and walked inside. No one was there yet.

"Heh, great driving, Bob!" Sage laughed.

"Thanks, I'm glad we got here first," Bob went near the pool table and sat down. Sage sat beside him, not knowing what to do.

"What do you think of TOPGUN so far?" Sage asked him. He jumped a little at her voice and tried not to blush.

"It's... it's great. I'm not a big fan of the mission, but I enjoy most of the people here," he told her. She knew that most didn't include Hangman.

"Hey, don't worry about Bagman, you are an amazing WSO and have better observation skills than him," Sage smiled.

He smiled back but it soon fell when they heard a voice.

"What about me?" Hangman's voice filled the air.

"Nothing of your concern," Sage replied coldly.

"Talking behind my back, I see?" He asked her.

"You're the one eavesdropping. Go find someone else to torment. You have all this bar space and choose to be here?"

"Yeah, because I can," he said that last sentence with his face close to Sage's.

"Get away from her!" Bob told him.

Sage took two hands and put them on his chest, shoving him off of her. He walked away, annoyed. She knew Hangman liked her, but she wanted Bob. How come every time I try to have a moment with Bob, Hangman gets in the way?

She shrugged off the thought and then turned back to Bob.

"Now, where were we?" She smiled and Bob felt like the luckiest guy in the bar.

"W-we were just talking about TOPGUN. How is it going for you?"

"Just fine, I'm glad I made a great friend like you."

They sat there and watched the other pilots play pool, then decided to leave and sit outside. The bar was getting too noisy. Bob got up and Sage followed him to a bench.

"Thanks for saving me back there, it was getting way too noisy," Sage said.

"Yeah, I don't really like that much noise," Bob replied. He took off his glasses and tried cleaning them, but the material on his shirt was too coarse to use.

"Here, I can help, my shirt is made of a softer material. We don't want your glasses to be scratched," Sage offered.

Bob blushed and handed her his glasses. She took them and carefully opened them. She made sure to keep the rims of the glasses straight while rubbing them against her shirt. It was much smoother.

She handed the glasses back to Bob and their hands brushed when he took them. He tried to hide his deepening blush and put his glasses back on.

"Thank you..." he managed to choke out.

They sat there in silence until the rest of the pilots exited the bar.

————————

Okay but Lewis Pullman as Bob without glasses >>>

Edit: If I do make a sequel, this scene will be in it!