Lips of An Angel - (Grace x Mar)

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner.

Author's Note:
Still working on the part 2 of Reminders of Him. And currently thinking if I should make a GraMar Fanfic na talaga. Help this author out. Happy reading ig??

Amana muna ang happy, soft at smut. Cheating muna lels.

Summary: Cheatingcore. Grace and Mar broke up years ago and are now both married to different people. One night Grace calls Mar. Karupukan na naman.

_________

Mar was a light sleeper, which not many people were aware of, so the instant his phone began to vibrate on the nightstand, he was immediately awakened by it. He yawned and glanced at the clock, which displayed that it was 2 am already. He sat on the bed, being sure not to disturb Korina, who had just fallen asleep. When the phone rang, he checked to see who it was.

Senator Poe calling...

As soon as he noticed the phone, he answered it without hesitation. When it comes to her, he never gives anything else a second thought. Nonetheless, it made him a little uneasy about why she was calling at this time and why she was calling at all.

"Hello, Grace?" He whispered softly, and the reply was a sob. He was now worried because she had called him late and was crying.

"Grace, bakit ka umiiyak?" He asked, still whispering, and glanced at Korina, peacefully sleeping. Pausing a beat longer, a voice he didn't think he would ever hear again drifted across the line.

"Mar..." Grace called softly when her sob subsided. The voice was sad but sweet. The way his name sounded just as angelic as the last time he heard it made his heart thump in his chest.

"Yes, Hon." He stopped. It slipped and it still felt natural for him. Honey. His callsign for her that she likes so much, aside from Tangi.

"I'm here." He slipped out of bed as quietly as he could. He tiptoed out of the room and pulled the door closed behind him. Sitting on the couch, he waited for her to answer. 

"Talk to me at makikinig ako." His voice was filled with concern, and he was jumping to a conclusion. He uttered a silent prayer that it wasn't her nightmares. Those nightmares terrorized her when they were still together, and he was always there to give support and comfort when an episode occurred.

"Hindi ko alam, work had been rough lately, pero my nightmares came back. I just woke up from one of the episodes, and I just- I'm sorry, I don't know why I-" Her voice was shaky, and his heart ached for her. He hated it when the bright woman was filled with fear and sadness. Pain was in her voice because of the experience. Pain was in his heart for not being able to be the one to be there with her.

"Breathe, tangi." It was quiet as Grace breathed in deeply, holding it in for a few seconds just like Mar taught her when she was overwhelmed. Mar was relieved because she still remembers the breathing pattern he taught her as he counted in his head.

"Bakit ikaw lang?" Grace asks after a prolonged silence. It sounds rhetorical, said with a sigh, like it physically pains her. Mar fixed his glasses and sighed. "Lahat sila sinubukan. They all tried to help me, even Nei-" she cut herself off before finishing his name, asked, and answered, "No one can make me feel safe and okay, except you."

His heart broke when he heard the sadness in her voice. Even though politics and the entertainment industry are so connected, they have kept in touch regularly since they broke up.

"It's been years, Mar," Grace whispers, on the verge of tears, "and it's still only you."

"I would take those nightmares away. Ang sakit. Sana I could be there to provide the comfort you need, tangi." He confessed, and there was silence.