First Kiss - (Grace x Mar)

Note: It's been a while. Idk if people are still reading this but here's an update. Happy Reading!

Summary: Grace and Mar recall their first kiss, but they each have a different perspective on it.

__________

Grace was relaxing on the couch, a bowl of popcorn in her lap, hot cup of tea on the table and her legs folded up. After several weeks of delays brought on by her busy schedule, she was finally watching one of her favorite crime dramas. She was so engrossed in the show that she failed to notice her boyfriend occupying the vacant seat next to her. Grace at last notices Mar as he extends a hand to the bowl of popcorn.

Mar broke the silence. "Hon, naalala mo yung first kiss natin?" Mar inquired while looking at Grace. Grace gives him a questioning stare. "Oo, naman, bakit hindi?" She responded.

Grace paused the show before shifting in her seat and turning to look at Mar. "Supposedly fifth friendly date natin sa Tazas" Grace said emphasizing on the word friendly. "Pero crush na crush mo na pala ako that time." Grace smiled wistfully as she remembered the event.

"I was enjoying my coffee lalo na at umuulan nang malakas noon. Naalala ko nakikinig ako sa kwento mo tungkol sa trabaho habang pinapanood ko yung pagbagsak ng ulan. Tumigil ka sa pagkwento mo tungkol sa meeting niyo. You called my name, and when I turned to look at you, you grabbed my face and kissed me. Pagkatapos nagsorry ka pero bago ko pa tanggapin yung sorry mo hinila mo ulit ako for another kiss." Grace snickered. "Brave step, Roxas. If it weren't for you kissing me, I wouldn't have even realized that I feel the same way. Mar had a big grin on his face.

"Mali ka, that's not our first kiss." Mar replied. Grace raised an eyebrow as Mar continued. 

"Anong hindi? That was our first kiss!" She debated while taking a swig from her cup of tea. "Alalang-alala ko bawat detalye, Hon." She waited for his response, and all she got was a smiling Mar. "Every detail pala so patay na patay ka rin talaga sa akin." He teased Grace, who blushed but quickly rolled her eyes and looked away. "Naaalala ko rin bawat detail kasi that iba yung feeling at the moment when I was about to do that  Parang right place at right time lahat ng 'yon, syempre right person din. However, it's not our first kiss, Hon." Grace did not find Mar's continued grin amusing.

"Nako, Roxas, baka ibang first kiss 'yang naalala mo. Baka isa sa mga exes mo yan at hindi ako." Grace rolled her eyes at him, evidently irritated.

"Hear me out first kasi." Mar responded, and she gave him another angry look. Mar made a concerted effort not to chuckle at his girlfriend.

"Naalala mo yung first ever kiss mo? Nakwento mo before na your first kiss was stolen by someone sa summer tennis camp you attended."

 With her arms crossed, Grace arched a brow. "Anong connect naman sa first kiss nating dalawa?" Grace asked confused at the connection Mar was doing between the events. "That boy was me. I was responsible for stealing your first kiss." Grace responded to Mar's revelation by giving him a weird look.

"What do you mean na ikaw 'yon? Pinagtitripan mo na naman ako. I'm in the middle of watching oh." She said and grabbed the remote to unpause the show. 

"Wait kasi, hon." Mar replied and Grace sighed before putting the remote down and faccing Mar again. "You never mentioned playing sports tyaka, Hon, hindi ka sporty type." Grace asked because she had always perceived Mar as the academic type and not the sporty type even before they started dating.

"I never told anyone na I played tennis for that one summer during that tennis summer camp lang. Pagkatapos kasi non hindi ko na tinuloy ulit kasi hindi pala talaga ako para sa sports." Grace was listening to him talk and still not believing his story. 

"Tennis camp of 1982, 'yon diba?" Grace was shocked when Mar asked because he was right about the date but she never told him the year.

"When you told me the story of your first kiss naisip ko agad na parang familiar. During that tennis camp, dinare ako ng mga bardaka ko to kiss a random girl na kasama naming naglalaro ng truth or dare. Syempre, peer pressure edi kailangan talaga sumunod sa dare kaso kiss and run ang ginawa ko kasi pagkatapos ng dare ay umayaw na ako. I didn't get to memorize the girl's face because I wanted to be done with it pero she's wearing an all white outfit at naka-ponytail."  

"Naka-suot ng white shorts, white shirt at naka-ponytail halos lahat ng babaeng players doon, Mar. Tyaka you saw a photo of me sa photo book." Rolling her eyes, Grace.

"Hep, alam kong halos lahat ng tao sa tennis camp ganon ang get up. The difference is that this girl was wearing a necklace with the G pendant. The same one that you have on your drawer." Grace was now convinced because she had worn that necklace years ago at the tennis camp. It was a gift to her by her parents for her achievements.

"So naalala mo yung outfit and even the accessory such as the pendant pero hindi yung mukha nung babae?" Grace asked and Mar scratched the back of his head.

"I can remember that she was pretty and fair. Kung alam ko lang na ikaw yon I would definitely date you." Mar said and Grace was not sure if he was joking or trying to get on her good side.
"You mean to say na ikaw talaga ang nagnakaw ng first kiss ko?" Grace clarified, and Mar nodded proudly. Grace punched him on the chest lightly.

"I can't believe this. Simula noon ninanakawan mo na talaga ako ng halik. Alam mo ba I was so devastated na sa kung sino lang napunta yung first kiss ko?" Grace ranted and Mar was smiling. "Napunta sa poging future husband mo." Grace rolled her eyes.

"I even cried to Malu." Now Mar felt bad. He moved closer to her and hugged her.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. Jerk move on my part, pero kung alam ko lang na ikaw 'yon, I would have dated you agad talaga para noon pa lang akin ka na." Mar whispered and kissed her forehead. "I wouldn't have to wait this long just to have you in my arms." Mar added. Grace looked at him. "Pero who knew you would be my first kiss, and a few years later, we'll be together pala?" Grace told him as she pondered the revelation. 

"Nung nalaman ko lahat 'yon ang naisip ko agad na the universe works in mysterious ways talaga. Sinong mag akala na ako ang first kiss mo?" Mar shared the looming thoughts in his head. "What are the odds na sa taong 'yon ako sumali ng tennis camp, and out of all those people, ako talaga ang nakasalamuha mo."

"Simula pa lang ikaw na yung para sa akin kaso dinelay pa. Pinaabot pa ng ganito katagal bago ka napa-sakin. Imagine talaga teenagers palang tayo noon. It's fated, mahal." Mar was so worked up at the thought that he could have been with Grace much earlier. Grace was stopping herself from laughing.

"Do you really think na magugustuhan natin ang isa't-isa during that age and that time?" Grace pointed this out because they were surely both different during their teen years than they are now.

"Oo naman! Pogi naman ako mula noon hanggang ngayon." Grace rolled her eyes at his response. "Alam mo, even if we did date back then, baka hindi tayo nagtagal." Mar frowned at her response.

"Bakit naman hindi?" Mar asked. "Hon, we've been through so much bago pa man tayo nagtagpo. Those experiences shaped us into what we are today. We're completely different people during our teen years." Grace explained.

"Sa experiences ba kasama ang exes doon?" Mar asked, and Grace rolled her eyes for the nth time.

"Of course, I'd like to think all of those exes made you the one I've fallen for." Grace said, and Mar smiled. "Kahit na hindi naman natin nakilala ang isa't-isa nang maaga the world still still led me to you, mahal ko." Mar looked calmer.

Mar began with a gentle peck on the woman's forehead, then moved on to another peck on the woman's nose bridge and finally her lips. "Just so you know mas gugustuhinn ko pa rin na maging last kiss mo. I want to be your last, Hon." Mar was about to kiss her again when she grabbed some popcorn and stuffed his mouth with a few. Grace laughed at his disappointed face as he chewed the popcorn.

"Nakakarami ka na naman ng halik sa akin, Roxas" Grace said and popped a few pieces of popcorn in her mouth. Mar moved closer to her, and Grace laid her head on his chest as she played the television and they watched the show together, enjoying the peace.

________

Gramar fluff bc I miss my soft parents. Let me know if you have suggestions or ideas for a short story. Until the next update!