His Son II - (Grace x Mar)

Most of what I post is in my drafts na and I just proofread them. I'm dropping fics before I become ia again.

Here's part 3, I guess?
Happy Reading!
_______

Lovi followed Brian and also saw the sight of her ate crying in front of her ex. Lovi immediately knew this was about Brian, and Mar finally found out the truth. She rushed to her ate's side to comfort her.

"Brian," Mar called out to his son.

"Mom, anong nangyari dito?" Brian ignored his father and was concerned about his Mom.

"I told your father about the truth." Grace caressed Brian's face.

"I'm sorry for taking him away from you all these years, Bri."

"Mom, you have nothing to say sorry about. Yung ginawa mo, it was for the best." Brian assured his Mom and hugged her tight.

"Now, meet your dad," Grace whispered as she broke the hug.

Brian turned around and got a proper look at his dad, who had tears in his eyes. He walked up to him, and Mar opened his arms to welcome him in a long-awaited embrace.

"Dad, wow, this is happening." Brian was overjoyed.

"I knew there was something so familiar about you. My son. I will make it up for the years I was absent." Mar promised Brian and broke the long embrace.

Grace's heart ached at the sight of them. She still feels guilty for separating them for so long.

"What's your full name, Brian?" Mar asked out of nowhere.

"Brian Gerardo Poe, I guess Roxas is to be added soon?" Brian answered. Mar chuckled and glanced at Grace.

"Kuya Gerry was special to us both. Noong nawala siya alam ko na you would want to name our future kids after him, and then we broke up, but I still named him after Kuya." Grace explained, and Mar never knew she could love Grace more than he already loves her, but he does.

_______

Months had passed, and Mar tried his best to make up for the lost time. He would visit Grace's house to bond with Brian and maybe see Grace too. They would spend weekends on a shooting range, having meals, or even nights at Grace's house. It felt natural to them to act like a true family, but the real question was, where does Grace and Mar's relationship stand?

"I'll help you prepare dinner," Mar suggested as he entered the kitchen where Grace was busy cooking their dinner. She turned around to see him.

"Late ka na, Mr. Roxas. Malapit na maluto yung kare-kare." Grace teased as she set down her ladle on the counter and removed her apron.

"Would you join me for some wine?" Grace offered, and Mar nodded. She opened one of the cupboards where the glasses were. The wine glasses were all the way on top, and Grace was tiptoeing on her heels to reach the glasses.

"Let me help," Mar said and went behind her to reach for the glasses. Grace then turned around to see Mar behind her. She was trapped between Mar and the counter. She could smell his perfume and be secretly glad it was still the same scent all these years.

"Here they are. I remember I would always grab things for you kasi ang liit mo." Mar gave her the glasses, and Grace awkwardly smiled and mumbled her thanks.

Grace grabbed a bottle of white wine and opened the bottle before pouring them into the glasses.

She puts the bottle down and cheers with Mar.

"Thank you, Grace," Mar said before sipping his wine. Grace looked at him, "For what?" She replied, curious about why he was thanking her.

"For raising Brian to be such a fine young man. You did a really great job." He explained. "And for giving me a chance to spend every moment with him."

"It's the least that I could do, Mar. I want the both of you to be happy." Grace smiled.

"I just wished things were different." Mar quietly said. "Laging kong iniisip what could have been kung hindi kita iniwan sa US. If only I could go back." Mar stared down at his nearly empty glass.

"Things happened, and they turned out to be for the better, Mar."

"I lost you, Grace. Nawala ka sa akin." Mar glanced at her, and he saw she was fighting back the tears. "It was the biggest mistake I ever made."

Mar set his glass down on the counter and held Grace's face.

"My life has never been the same without you, Grace. I never stopped loving you." Mar could see the tears streaming down Grace's face. He wiped them away as he leaned in closer. His face was inching closer to hers, but when he was about to kiss her, she moved her head to the left and moved away from him. She wiped her tears and made her way back to the stove.

"Paki-tawag na si Brian para kumain na tayo," Grace said not looking back at him. He sighed and left the kitchen.

_______

A week had passed since the incident in the kitchen...

"Brian, your mom was head-over-heels for me the first time that we met at the tennis camp in 1982," Mar confidently told Brian over their dinner at Grace's house. Brian laughed, and Grace rolled her eyes. Classic Mar. The two never brought up what happened between them in the kitchen. They acted as if it did not happen and remained casual whenever Mar came over.

"Hindi ka pa rin nagbabago. Ang kapal ng mukha mo. Anak, do not listen to your father. He was not my first choice back then. I even told your Tita Marj that she can have him." Grace giggled. Brian was silently observing his parents, and he could see that there was still something between them. Something that never left but only rested while they were apart.

"But you changed your mind."

"Back in college, I would fly from Pennsylvania to Boston just to visit your Mom. We would spend the weekend together and roam Boston." Mar smiled at the memory, and Grace looked like she wanted him to stop.

"You were so in love talaga." Brian said, and her Mom faked a cough.

"Yeah, we were until..." Mar trailed off, and Grace stood up from her seat. "Malu is calling me. Excuse me for a while." She left the table as quickly, and both Brian and Mar knew the truth.

"Anak, in the past, has your Mom ever...you know-"Mar was cut off. "Dated? No, she never dated back in the US or even here. You have a chance." Brian teased.

"Sa tingin mo she's still-"

"To be honest with you, hindi naman po ata naka-move on si mom from you. She has this wooden box filled with mementos of your relationship. If you want to win her back, the chances are high because there's no one else but you. Just don't tell her I told you." Mar smiled at what Brian shared with him.

"I have a plan, and I will need your help with this."

________

🤍💛

The next part would probably be the last part. Thank you for the support!