Babysitting II - (Grace x Mar)

Here's Part II

Enjoy Reading!

___________

"Uhm...your mom is calling, sweetheart," Grace said, avoiding eye contact with Mar, but she knew he was looking at her.

Jill stood up from the sofa, took the phone, and spoke to her mom. The pair was left sitting awkwardly as the movie continued to play.

"Grace, I-"

"I know it's part of the act. No worries." Grace looked at him for a brief moment before looking away again. She did not want to hear the rejection. And he nodded and did not say anything more.

The rest of the hour leading up to Jill's bedtime was awkward, with the both of them avoiding each other more obviously. They ordered Jollibee takeout and ate in silence. Grace helped Jill to get ready for bed while Mar cleaned up.

Jill finished brushing her teeth and was ready to be tucked in her bed by her Tita Grace.

"Tita, can you and Tito both tuck me in? I want Tito to read me a story while you stay beside me. Ganon po kasi si Mama at Papa." Jill requested with that cute look in her eyes. Grace wanted to say no, but Jill's charms always had their way with her. She sighed and nodded.

"I have to learn to resist Jill." Grace mentally noted before standing up and fetching Mar. "I'll go get your, Tito." Jill grinned and hugged her stuffed bunny near her cheek.

Grace went back into the living room to see Mar watching the TV. She stood on the other end of the sofa and cleared her throat. "May request si Jill. She wants you to read her a story daw." Grace said, barely looking at Mar.

"Sure," Mar replied as more silence crept in. Mar stood up and went upstairs to Jill's room while Grace trailed behind him.

Mar narrated the storybook to Jill as Grace softly stroked her hair until she fell asleep. It was a picture-perfect moment.

The two of them found their way back to the sofa, and both sat on the far ends of the couch as they watched a random movie on the TV.

A few minutes passed, but it felt like an eternity. The guilt and the urge to confront Grace were strongly felt by Mar. He knew it was now or never.

"Okay, if I know better, I know Leni planned this whole thing." Mar finally breaks the silence.

"Grace, it's now or never. Either I win you, or I lose-" That thought nor the sentence was finished by Mar because it was stopped by Grace's lips crashing against his. He did not know how she went from the far end of the sofa towards him, but he could not comprehend anything at the moment. His mind went haywire as their lips locked.

Grace had her left hand caressing his face while the other was tugging at his collar. The kiss deepened as their tongues joined the wild frenzy. They held each other close until Grace pulled away. Her cheeks flushed red once she remembered what she had done. She looked away, but Mar held her face and made her look at him.

"I'm sorry...hindi ko alam kung anong sumapi sa akin." She was clearly embarrassed. "Let's not make this any harder for the both of us, Mar. Mukhang buo na ang isip mo when you avoided me. I respect that, so can we at least talk so we can go back to being friends?" Grace said. Hurt was evident in her voice, and her tears were forming.

Mar was silent.

"Grace, I ignored you not because I wanted things to end between us. I ignored you because I was in love with you. Natakot ako kasi sigurado ako na hindi ganun yung nararamdaman mo para sa akin and we agreed to keep things casual." Mar said, and Grace looked up, shocked.

"It was not the best decision, but I knew if I kept seeing you, I would feel even harder, so I bailed like that."

"So you just assumed na hindi tayo pareho ng nararamdam? Oh my God, Mar. I am head-over-heels in love with you." Grace said in complete disbelief because they both put themselves in this miserable situation when obviously the feeling was mutual. Mar took her hand and placed a soft kiss on her knuckles.

"So what does this mean? Are we official?" Grace asked with a bright smile, her eyes filled with love and adoration for Mar.

"We can be whatever you want, Grace. All I want is to be with you." Mar placed another kiss on her hands.

"Ahihihi" their moment was interrupted by a giggle, and they turned around to see their inaanak.

"Kayo na po ba?" Jill giggled once more. Mar held their intertwined hands, "Yes, Jill, your Tita is my girlfriend now." He said proudly, and Grace's cheeks flushed.

"Jill, lagpas ka na sa bedtime mo." Grace warned her as she stood up and went to Jill to escort her back to her bed, and Jill whined.

After Jill was again tucked in her bed, Mar and Grace snuggled together as they watched some random film on TV, awaiting Leni's arrival.

________

Forte ng GraMar ang pagiging pakipot charot.

Let me know your thoughts!