Epilouge

It's been over seven months since the mission. It's been nearly eight months since things have changed. It was a gorgeous day like every other day. The sun beating down as the wind swirls around in the hanger. Our house on the other side sitting in the distance in lovely Southern California.

Like we have done time and time again I work on my car fixing the minor issues. My dad fixing his plane and Bradley learning the ropes on how to fix it like they have done time and time again after the mission.

They've gotten closer. After saving each other's lives I think they came to their senses. They aren't tearing each other a part. Instead, Bradley is looking up to him, listening to him, working with him. It's improvement and I love seeing it. I can tell my father is happier even though Penny and Amelia weren't at the bar when we got back.

Dad... we've settled down. We both decided that we were done with the Navy. The two of us retired and are now living our best lives outside that area. Dad has made a lot of money over the years so now he's just doing everything else he loves.

I decided I'm only thirty, it wouldn't hurt to get another job. Before we left Penny told me I was always welcomed so while she is away and after my dad came back here I talked to Jimmy, a older fellow at the bar. He quickly said yes to having me work there. So every so often I go to the bar and help out where needed. I also managed to buy my own house in the area so I wouldn't have to be living off my dad anymore since his relationship with Penny has moved to the next level. We're still close knit but I felt it was time to let go of the past and start living for myself instead of clinging to him.

And Jake, well, he and Bradley are on better terms. I informed the guy about Bradley and I's relationship. To my surprise he understands. He was quick to change his ways. He too decided to leave the military and took up a job somewhere in the area not far from me. We're going strong.

A friendly face is spotted in the hanger looking around. I smile at her then at the door. I set my tools down and walk out. I give a quick hug to the brunette I've learned to love. She bobs her head to the side gesturing to something. I look in the direction and what do you know I see someone I've loved since I met them.

I walk over to Jake pressing a kiss to his lips. He tugs at my waist captivating me. I pull away smiling kindly. Our foreheads touch as our eyes close enjoying the moment with the sun brightening our features. He pulls away taking my hand in his and walking back inside of the hanger.

My father pulls out his small plane with Penny in the back. The two are off into the sky in no time. Amelia found a spot working on her homework per usual. It's been like that a lot since Penny and my father reconnected after the mission. And Bradley is at the back by the sink admiring the photos on the wall with a small smile.

I walk up to him with Jake in tow and stand behind him. Recently two photos have been added to the collection and I'm in awe. Bradley and my father after the successful completion and survival of the mission filled with happiness. It's not that new but it's new enough, it's fresh, it's not older like the rest of them on the wall. And the other one makes me very happy. A vertical picture of Jake and I when we got engaged a week ago.

I know, too soon, whatever. As far as the world is concerned though he is my light and there are no words to explain just how much I love him. So next year we plan to get married in the summer outside the place where we met for the first time. Sounds cringy but we love the thought. We'd be having everyone from the training of the mission, close friends and family.

I lean my head on Bradley's shoulder, "you doing okay?"

"Yeah, still adjusting, you know?"

"I get it."

"So what brings you here Hangman aside from my lovely sister you do not deserve." I am not surprised by his behavior. This is one thing in their 'friendship' I know will not change.

My fiancé rolls his eyes, "same 'ol Rooster." They give a little bro hug which is still very comfortable to see.

I stare at them both, "I liked it better when you hated each other. This is just weird."

They both laugh at me. Bradley starts walking over to his jeep and Jake and I split. "What are you doing here? I thought we were meeting up at my house later?"

"We were but I wanted to surprise you. Besides I want to take you on a proper date."

I quirk a brow, "a date?"

"When was the last time we actually went on a proper date without eating up with takeout at one of our places?"

"Touché. What do you have planned?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out, V."

I press a kiss to his cheek then running off to get the jacket provided by my late Uncle Ice. I take his hand following him out of the hanger.

And to think all this started because my father and I got ordered to go back to Top Gun. I may be retired but one thing for sure I'll always be Viper.