Episode 1: An Ally From the Stars, Part 1

In the stars, a hero is created

Just when all light has faded.

Dark and light, fighting once more,

Untold powers never seen before.

=====

"I personally think we should listen to it. I think it's obviously important."

Curio was giving a speech to the rest of Dreamland about his and his partners discovery. They had found a prophecy written in some ancient ruins.

"A hero being created. Dark and Light fighting with 'Untold powers'." Curio said, eyeing the picture he took, "it's obviously  talking about a grand hero coming to dreamland."

A waddle dee, clad in a university cap and glasses spoke up with immediate concern. "Um, how is that obvious? It could be talking about anything, this prophecy is incredibly vague." Wise Waddle Dee chuckled, snorting a bit. "For a man of science, you sure do believe in fairy tales a lot".

Curio glared at Wise Waddle Dee, upset at him for stealing his thunder.

"You know as well as I do, there is something wrong here." Curio glanced to the audience, realizing that this was the wrong time and place. "Meet me after the presentation, we'll talk then." 

Wise Waddle Dee, understandingly stepped down. Curio then continued his presentation. However, no one believed in the prophecy. Instead, they laughed at the professor, calling him a quack and a fiction author (The latter not really being an insult). Among all the laughing faces was one of a grave expression.

King Dedede walked away.

=====

Meanwhile, a pink ball of light soars through space. As it did loops across the stars, a faint laugh could be heard. The flash approached a planet called Popstar and then proceeded to crash into it.

=====

After Curio's unconvincing speech about listening to a prophecy, he slumped back in his house. 3 hours of surfing the internet later, he heard a knock on his door. When he went to answer, he saw Wise Waddle Dee, his partner, standing in the doorway. "May I come in, sir?" He said, obnoxiously.

"Sure, why not?" He replied sadly.

"I guess this is a bad time, but..." Wise Waddle Dee handed him a paper, " I'd like to resign".

Curio looked at the paper, hardly managing to fight back the tears. He'd been through a lot lately. First, he was made into a disgrace in the scientific community, then some kids threw stuff at him, then he was attacked online for believing in "fairy tales". Now, his partner, and one of his closest friends was quitting.

"Uh, sir?" His partner replied, unaware of Curio's feelings.

"Sure, why not..." he replied, sounding empty.

"Alright, well- hang on, are you okay?" His now ex-partner said, catching on.

Curio couldn't take it anymore. He broke down in tears.

=====

A snail walked down the hall of the castle, looking for the king of dreamland.

"Oh, Dedede! Where are you? It's nearing dinner time!" Escargoon called out.

Silence...

"Dedede, where'd you go?" Escargoon called out louder, unaware of what was happening in the basement...

=====

Dedede walked down the basement stairs, holding a rolled up piece of paper in one hand. He knew what he was here for, but was still hesitant to go down. Once he reached the secret door to the second basement level, he took a deep breath.