Episode 7: Ups and Downs

The masked knight threw some swords in a crate. He had no clue what was on the planet that housed the newest star warrior. Meta Knight was a skilled warrior, he knew about the dangers that lie in the stars. The fact that he was selected for this brought out a grin underneath his mask.

He'd been itching to leave the base.

Putting his iconic Galaxia in its sheath, he slapped the label "swords" on the side of the box and lifted it over his head. Meeting up with his four squires, he had secured to last box into the cargo hold. It was time to board the Halberd and head to Popstar. 

=====

*Theme Song Plays*

=====

Sailor Dee put the bandages away. Having wrapped up Tuff's arm, she sat down with him as Tiff began her presentation.

"Now," she started, "Since Tuff went out of his way to injure himself for him, and because the royal guard doesn't actually know this, I have invited you all to tell you everything I know about Kirby from my studies."

She gestured to the crowd, consisting of the royal guard, Tuff, Dedede, Escargoon, and Kirby himself, who jumped up at the sight of him on the chalkboard.

"First things first, Kirby is a star warrior from outer space. Star warriors are typically peacekeepers of the universe. When monsters were ravaging the civilizations 50 years ago, they sealed a monster named 'Nightmare' in the dream realm. Now, they're at war with something called, 'The Jambastion', according to Kabu."

She glanced over at Tuff, worriedly, "So, I want you to know that helping Kirby out could be incredibly dangerous in the future. Tuff, you sprained your arm out there. The last thing that I want is you getting yourself killed."

Waddle Doo raised his nub, interrupting the wholesome sibling moment "What about his inhale powers?"

Tiff cleared her throat and continued, "Kirby's inhale is what is known as a star warrior's 'special skill,' something unique to them. From what I gathered, Kirby sucks in a power and copies it. He then gains what I call, a 'copy ability'. So far, there have been five copy abilities discovered. I call them Sword, Bomb, Fire, Beam (earning a cheer from Waddle Doo), and as Tuff discovered, Fighter. Each one comes with a hat, for some reason. In addition, Kirby can combine some abilities together!"

Kirby cheered as Tiff showed off different (poorly drawn) drawings of Kirby with his abilities on. Everyone was very fascinated with the fact that Kirby was a star warrior and how his inhale was special. But Dedede had a question.

"What about those heart things?" He asked, as the emblem on the crown stirred a little.

"Well," Tiff shrugged, "I don't know, your majesty. But I will tell you when I find out."

The king groaned a bit as he sat down, unsatisfied. Escargoon patted him on the shoulder, not really sure why he was upset. Zero, staying silent, was content with the information.

Seeing no other reason for them to stay, Tiff dismissed everyone from the castle basement as she gathered her things.

=====

Later that night, Dedede waited before everyone was asleep before starting up his overdue conversation.

"Psst, Zero!"

Yes?

"Do ya have a plan?"

Well, Kirby has chosen the form of a star warrior...

"Form?"

Have you ever wondered why I can't just possess Kirby?

"It would make everything easier..."