Episode 8: The Education Situation

King Dedede adjusted the collar of his shirt as he stepped onto the stage. He walked up to the podium and addressed the audience of concerned citizens. "Hello, Dreamland!" He spoke, with a booming voice, "I know why you guys are worried. A bunch of hearts raining down from the sky a couple of days ago worried me, too. I would like all of you to know that Kirbeh did that."

Murmurs spread through the crowd. "Kirby?" "He did it?" "But he's so cute!" "How could he?" Seeing how the crowd was reacting, the king continued, "Those hearts were dangerous! Through testing, we found out that they turn whoever they hit into Kirbeh's slaves!"

At this point, the crowd began to riot. The fact that the pink puffball that everyone praised for stopping dark matter could be as bad, if not worse than dark matter, upset them. Everyone began to chant. "Banish Kirby!" "Banish Kirby!"

Tiff, Tuff, and Kirby had just arrived onto the scene. Seeing the object of their hatred, they charged at him. The two siblings blocked any further advance from the mob. "What is wrong with you?" Tiff yelled at them, "What did Kirby do?"

"He enslaved half of the town!" One citizen yelled.

Tiff glared at Kirby, "Mind explaining?" She sounded mad. Kirby didn't understand why she was so upset. He didn't mean to enslave them, and he changed them all back. 

"Poyo..." Kirby said, apologetically. Tuff realized what he meant, but Tiff still seemed to be upset at him. Tuff tapped his sister's shoulder, but she ignored him and kept lecturing Kirby. After a few tries, Tuff just yelled.

"Maybe it was an accident!"

The whole crowd looked at the kid who shouted a new theory at a surprising volume. Everyone looked over at Dedede, who was reading his notecards.

"Oh, I m-missed a word!" He stammered, "Kirbeh did it accidentally . HeHAHeheheh! My bad!"

Tiff thought about it, and she realized something. If Kirby could enslave half of the town, then that still meant that he was dangerous. Waddle Dee Town wouldn't trust Kirby that easily anymore. There had to be a way for Kirby to prove that he knew what he was doing.

Then, an idea stuck her.

=====

*Theme Song Plays*

=====

Bandana Dee laid down on the floor and pondered. In his nubs, he held Kirby's flying star buddy, only it had now shrunk to the size of a coin. The captain sat up and looked at it from different angles, trying to figure out what exactly it was. Frustrated, he walked outside to find his crew.

He was expecting to see his fellow guard members training hard, but instead didn't even see them. Bandana Dee shrugged it off, thinking that they probably just went to train somewhere else.

He thought about who else he could go to for this. Wise Waddle Dee didn't even believe in these so called "fairy tales", Curio was off on some expedition, and Escargoon probably wouldn't be willing to help, as he didn't seem to like Kirby. Bitter at his apparent lack of options, he had no choice but to go talk to Tiff about it.

=====

Kirby was awoken by a strange, buzzing noise. He had no clue where it was coming from, but he wanted it to stop. He stumbled out of bed and looked up to see Tiff, holding a strange, beeping box. "It's an alarm clock," she said, "You're gonna need it." Kirby was annoyed by the beeping and smacked the clock out of her hand, then he tried to go back to sleep.

"Come on, Kirby!" Tuff called from outside, "You're gonna miss the bus!"

Bus? Kirby's interest was piqued by that strange world. He ran outside and saw a yellow vehicle that had its doors open. He ran at it curiously, eyeing the waddle dee that was driving and the children inside. For some reason, they seemed a bit scared of him.