Episode 9: A Lost Legend

Bandana Dee struggled through the bushes, late at night. It had taken him a while to figure it out, but he had recognized that the "map" was just directions in a different language. Tiff was crafty, but Bandana Dee had figured it out eventually.

As he walked into the valley, he gazed up at Kabu, the answer to his questions.

"Here goes nothing."

The waddle dee looked at all of the Mini-Kabus and just kept walking forward. They were creepy, but according to Tiff's notes, they were harmless. Bandana Dee, watching his back for anyone listening, pulled out the star.

After a bit of reminiscing about Kirby meeting his star friend, he spoke. "Kabu?" He asked, holding it up, "Do you know what this is?"

"Yes," The stone-faced legend replied, "That is a warp star. One arrives to a star warrior once they become ready for advanced training."

Bandana Dee rubbed his nonexistent ears. He didn't expect the voice to be as loud as it was. Despite that, it did explain a lot. The star did arrive shortly after Kirby supposedly combined abilities. Though, he still had questions.

"Why is it so small?" He asked, holding the tiny star up to the statue.

"This warp star is running low on energy. There is a solution."

The ground began to shake as Kabu opened its mouth. Bandana Dee looked inside and saw some kind of table. Indented in the surface, there were four star-shaped slots. Taking a lucky guess, he put the warp star into the slot, which then closed itself.

That solution seemed easy enough, but there was one problem. "Do I just grab it and put it back every time Kirby needs it?" He asked, already getting annoyed with the countless future journeys.

"Fear not, puny waddle dee. There is another way."

"What is it?"

"That is the guardian's concern. You also might want to get home to your partners."

Bandana Dee was getting tired. He'd spent the whole day walking through the forest, and was still sore from falling down a cliff. He didn't even know if he had the energy to get back. Suddenly, the waddle dee was enveloped in a bright light. 

As his vision went dark, he heard the statue say one more thing.

"Only tell Kirby of this, for your loyalties will soon be tested."

=====

*Theme Song Plays* 

=====

Kirby woke up peacefully for the first time in a week. It was nice to be able to sleep in, not have to fight anyone, or train. He checked the digital clock that Tiff had given to him. It was 11 in the morning, and he was ready to explore the new day.

He ran outside and stretched his nubs. Everything was beautiful. The blue sky, with the swirling white clouds. The grass, which was still damp from the previous night's rain. The air, with a little butterfly, fluttering around him. 

That was promptly interrupted by a can being thrown at Kirby's face. 

A bit flustered, he glanced at a waddle dee, who seemed upset with Kirby, yet afraid to get closer. He sighed, it had been like this ever since he caused what citizens of Dreamland now call "The Heartstorm". It's not like he even blamed them, Kirby showed that he had the same abilities as dark matter.

He wouldn't trust himself either.

=====

Dedede snuck into the castle basement, watching for anyone who could see him. He had received a letter from Curio earlier. He was reminded of how he sent him to find out more about the so-called "prophecy" he had discovered before Kirby came to Popstar. Being able to find out more about Kirby was an important matter.