Episode 17: The Son Rises Again

"This just in, a crashed spaceship has been found at the bottom of Onion Ocean!" The television was covering a news story, with a Waddle Dee speaking about some alien crash. It was unimportant. "The pilot of this spacecraft was revealed when Meta Knight, a Star Warrior that is staying in Waddle Dee Town, arrived at the scene to salvage materials."

A punching bag fell to the ground at the mention of his name. Meta Knight, a ruthless Star Warrior General who was known for his strength. His power, the dimensional armor, made it nearly impossible to find him. Especially when he could retreat into the Void at any time and warp to any location in range.

But now that he was in the very same town as him, Knuckle Joe wasn't going to let him escape.

=====

*Theme Song Plays*

=====

Beep.

Beep.

Meta Knight woke up in a panic as the beeping got faster, he had to defuse the bomb. After a few seconds, there was a sharp pain in his arm as a tiredness washed over him.

"Calm down," a familiar voice said, "You'll be fine!"

As her face came into view, Meta Knight could barely believe his eyes. How was she here, of all places? How did she find him? "Sirica?" He gasped in disbelief.

The girl stepped further into the light, very confused. "Uh, this is Tiff," she said, turning to someone next to her, "Is he delusional or something? What happened?"

"Sorry, you just look like someone I knew," The knight rubbed his eyes, and it took that for him to notice that his mask was gone! "Where's my-"

"You're awake!" A voice shouted from the hallway. Though his vision was still blurry, he could make out Bandana Dee and Kirby, standing in the doorway. "Kirby, he's awake!" He cried.

"Poyo!" Kirby cheered, excited to see his friend.

As another wave of drowsiness came over him, he managed to get one question out, "What happened?"

Bandana Dee, being the last one he saw, began to explain."Well, you kinda collapsed in the castle. At first, I didn't know what to do, so I got the Royal Guard to help me take you to a hospital. Dr. Chemitory is the best doctor in Dreamland! But, as he was busy, Dr. Yabui is taking care of you tonight. It turns out Kirby and the kids were nearby, so they decided to pay you a visit!" Kirby tapped on the Waddle Dee's shoulder, and he remembered something else, "And Kirby got you some flowers."

Kirby pulled out a bundle of freshly-plucked daisies, bringing a smile to Meta Knight's maskless face. Soon after, he shook the smile off and asked the doctor, "What's wrong with me?"

"You just have Azublur!" Yabui said, looking at his checklist, "Usually a rare symptom of azure pollen, but it should be relatively easy to deal with!" He looked at the list again, "So why is your case so serious? Especially with your powerful genes?"

Everyone thought for a minute, before Bandana Dee realized something, "Doc," he said, "He hasn't slept in like, two weeks. Would that cause an issue?"

"Yes, it would! Luckily, the treatment already requires a medically-induced coma, so it should just need to be a bit longer to be fully effective!" Dr. Yabui stepped out of the room to get a stronger sedative as Meta Knight groaned.

Bandana Dee was about to say something to comfort him when an explosion sounded from outside. The captain looked out of the window to see a house fire, glowing in the night sky. A shadowy figure was in front of it, and he thought that he saw a some eyes looking at him fiercely. Shortly after that, he ducked under the window.