Episode 3: Fight Fire With Fire

Kirby woke up. Stretching, he got out of his new bed and went to explore his room. The king, out of kindness (or al least, he thought.), invited Kirby to live at the castle. He was still getting used to the regal treatment.

His bedroom door opened, and the king's mollusk minion slithered in. "Kirby!" He said, ringing a bell, "Time for breakfast!"

Kirby was unsure of what breakfast was, but it sounded good.

=====

The dining room consisted of a long table, with Dedede's throne, or a chair like it at one end. On the table, there were always a ton of fine plates, loaded with all types of fancy foods, prepared by the chef, Gourmet Waddle Dee. To the side we're foldout chairs and paper plates for guests, like Kirby.

While none of the other waddle dees preparing the meal we're looking the amulet Dedede wore on his crown opened its bright, red eye.

This is a bad idea, king.

Dedede clamped his hand over the amulet and whispered, "What are ya doin'? They'll hear ya!"

I doubt that. These waddle dees are simple-minded creatures. Except that one you assigned to the royal guard, he is like no other.

"I don't care! Still too risky to do it out in the open like dis."

Kirby being in this castle is a bad idea, you'll see.

"Ah, nonsense," he said as the door opened, "Here he is now!"

Kirby walked up to the other side of the table and sat in a foldout chair. Dedede raised his arms from across the table, looking as welcoming as he could manage. "Hey, Kirbeh! What do ya wanna eat?"

A waddle dee handed him a menu, but Kirby can't speak coherently or read. He just said "Poyo!"

Dedede, misunderstanding, sent a waddle dee to get Kirby some chicken. He ordered himself a Quadruple-Pounder from McDyna's Burger Palace. (Neither of them had high standards and would eat chewing gum off the ground.) "So, Kirbeh," The king said, trying to make conversation, "Where are you from?"

"Poyo"

"What is that, a chicken planet?"

Kirby was very happy at the thought of a chicken planet. "Poyo!"

"What's it like there?"

"Poyo!"

"Hmm, guess there would be a lotta chicken..."

As Dedede and Kirby continued their poultry conversation, some waddle dees came in with food. At Kirby's plate, they dropped an extra large cooked chicken. Dedede got the burger he ordered. Both meals were quickly eaten.

"Ugh," Escargoon groaned, "this Kirby's as big of an eater as the king. We're gonna be way  further in debt!"

"Well, Kirbeh," the king stood up and said in his southern accent, "guess it's time to show ya 'round dreamland."

"Poyo yo!" Kirby cheered.

"Well, I have some very... uh... kingly matters to attend to," Dedede said, looking up for some reason, "I'll have mah royal guard show ya 'round, K?"

"Poyo?"

The Royal Guard walked in. Kirby recognized them immediately as Bandana Dee's group. They all looked proud of their new positions. Until they saw their new assignment. Bandana Dee seemed fine with it, but the rest of them, not so much.

"Hold on, we're escorting him?" Blade knight said in disbelief.

"Yep, you guys give him a tour of dreamland." Dedede confirmed.