Chapter 31

Wei Wuxian pushed Lan Wangji away for the children's sake.

"A-Yi! I didn't know you and the rest would be here?" He said while glancing apologetically at Lan Wangji who seemed to be sulking.

Lan Wangji IS SULKING ALRIGHT!?

Who allowed their kids to go to a forest!? UNSUPERVISED!?

IRRESPONSIBLE!

The girl looked up at Wei Wuxian "Why wouldn't we? We heard you talking! So we came to greet you!" She spoke and the two boys behind her nodded.

"Because it's dangerous, especially when you don't have adults with you." he explained.

"Is Xian-ge mad?" A small boy asked trembling.

"Nonono! Xian-ge isn't mad" he assured the child.

'Your Xian-gege might not be mad but I am pissed!' Lan Wangji glared.

'None of you are A-Yuan either.' He thought again.

"Oh? Who is this scary gege?" The youngest asked and Wei Wuxian turned to Lan Wangji.

'Ah...Lan Zhan, I know they interrupted us but they're kids.' Wei Wuxian thought.

"This is Lan Zhan my-"

"I am Lan Wangi, your Xian-gege's zhiji and future husband."

Wei Wuxian squaked "Lan Zhan!"

Lan Wangji raised a brow "What am I wrong?"

Wei Wuxian huffed "whatever." he mumbled.

"Let's go back hm? Your Ning gege and Qing Jie might get worried."

And so they made their way back.

"Wei Wuxian-oh thank goodness the children were with you!" Wen Qing sighed in relief before she realized they had company.

"Is this the person you keep talking about whenever you're with us?"

"Ooh? You talk about me? How sweet!" Lan Wangji teased the younger.

"Qing Jie!" Wei Wuxian yelled out.

"Oops, my bad?" Wen Qing said before she said "Anyway, show me your back, I trust you had applied the salve during your stay there?" She asked and Wei Wuxian nodded.

"Can Lan Zhan come?" He asked and Wen Qing rolled her eyes "Sure, sure, he can." she said before facing the kids "Go with Granny, Wei Wuxian will be busy."

The kids pouted but obeyed.

—————————

"It's getting better, by the end of this week all your scars will be completely gone." She announced and Lan Wangji was admiring the now almost clear back.

His ears turned red that he had to look away.

"Anyway, get yourself settled in your room, does Second Young Master Lan need a room?" Wen Qing asked.

"No need, I will share with Wei Ying."

Wen Qing nodded before she glanced to see if Wei Wuxian was listening.

She then turned to Lan Wangji and pointed three needles at him "Nothing naughty on my watch, break his heart and I break a your bones."

Lan Wangji gulped but nodded 'This woman is scary!'

"Qing Jie! I'll get Lan Zhan settled and show him around! Thanks for now!" Wei Wuxian zoomed out of the room, dragging Lan Wangji behind him.

"Here, this is where I'm staying whenever I visit." Wei Wuxian showed the place.