Chapter 4

Y/n woke up with a jump. She couldn't remember how she got into bed last night. Dragging her hand down her sides, she felt silk pajamas on her skin. She wondered who put this on her?

"Did you sleep well darling?" Her question was soon answered when she heard that cocky bastard's voice. She turned her head over to face Jareth and he was on his side looking straight at her.

"What are you doing here?" Her voice lacked any excitement or happiness. Jareth only smiled at her and moved closer.

"I should be asking you that." He shot back. Y/n questioned what he was talking about until she looked around the room. It was not her room, it was Jareth's. Before she could cause a scene Jareth brought his hand up to her cheek.

"I don't be cross with me. You fell asleep in my arms on the way back to the castle."

"You could have put me in my own bed."

"Where's the fun in that?" He said as his smile turned into a smirk. Her face turned into a scowl as she tried to get out of the bed.

"Stay with me y/n." Jareth whined and y/n ignored him.

"Where's Toby?" She started searching around the room for the child. She went as far as to look under the bed. Jareth got out of the bed and came closer to y/n.

"With his brothers." Y/n got off of the floor and looked at Jareth.

"The goblins." Y/n corrected.

"His brothers." Jareth said again.

"You mean the other children you've turned into monsters." Y/n quickly regretted her words, she knew she went too far. However her words made Jareth angry.

"Do not disrespect me. I've only done the job that I've been given since I became king. I take unwanted children that have been wished away. If the runner wishes to get them back, they are given the chance to try. If they fail they both become goblins, if the runner completes the labyrinth they all go home. It's not my fault the children I bring here turn into goblins after 13 hours." Jareth said in a rambling rage. After he spoke, y/n raised an eyebrow at his words. He let a little too much slip and now she was questioning everything he had told her.

"The runner?" She asked. The more the word replayed in her mind she realized who he was talking about. Sarah.

"Where is she?" Y/n asked.

"Sarah? She is off trying to complete her task of making it to the center of the labyrinth to retrieve her brother." Jareth said as he crossed his arms.

"But you said-" Y/n tried to speak before she was cut off.

"She'll never make it. Do you see how many goblins are here? Every runner who has tried to complete the labyrinth has failed."

"Sarah will make it."

"She won't. She's not even close to the castle and she only has a few hours left." A clock appeared in his hand, it was currently ten o'clock.

"And if she doesn't make it?" Jareth leaned in real close before responding.

"I will gain two new goblins and you stay here."

"And our deal still stands?" Y/n asked.

"If you become my bride I'll send the child home." Y/n truly wanted to have faith that Sarah would make it but she was nervous. If Sarah didn't make it then they would all be stuck here and y/n knew she could end everyone's suffering but her own. But she knew Jareth, he had some trick up his sleeve. In the original deal he said "child" meaning one, y/n knew if she could ensure Sarah's safety then it would be worth it.

"Throw Sarah into the mix and you have a deal."

"Done." Jareth said with no delay and he snapped his fingers. A cloud of smoke swallowed Jareth and y/n before they appeared in the throne room. When the smoke cleared, y/n saw that she was dressed differently. Jareth was dressed back in his black corset outfit. Y/n was also dressed in a bloused shirt and flowy pants. A puff of smoke later and Sarah appeared in the room.

"Y/n?" The teen questioned her reality as her babysitter was standing in front of her.

"Sarah!" Y/n cried and ran to hug the teenager who was very confused.

"Is this real? You're not fake right?" Sarah asked in y/n's arms.

"I'm very much real Sarah." Y/n said with a laugh.

"Where's Toby?" Sarah asked.

"He's right here." Jareth spoke up ruining the moment. The girls turned to face the goblin king, in his hands was Toby.

"Wait what's going on? I still have time to complete the labyrinth." Sarah said. She was scared, afraid she failed. Jareth looked over to y/n for her to explain.

"Sarah, listen to me. I gave myself up so that you could go home."

"What?" Sarah screamed, letting go of the older girl.

"I'm sorry Sarah. I wanted your suffering to end, even if you could complete the labyrinth he most likely wasn't going to let me go. I'm sorry." Y/n said, trying to touch her arm.

"So what about you? I can't leave you here." Sarah started to become hysterical and grabbed y/n's arm.

"I'm staying here, okay. Take Toby and go home." Y/n leaned in closer to Sarah to whisper the next part in your ear. "Don't ever call for the Goblin King once you return home. Just forget about me okay? It's going to be okay." Y/n said before she pulled away from her.

Sarah couldn't process what was happening as y/n hugged her once more. She couldn't believe y/n sacrificed herself to save her from Jareth. Sarah knew it was all her fault, if she hadn't called for Jareth, he would have never taken y/n and Toby away. When y/n released her from the hug, Jareth moved in, and gave Toby back to his sister. A light gloss painted her eyes when she realized that she was going home, without y/n.

"Goodbye Sarah." Jareth said.

"Wait-" She started to say but with a snap of Jareth's fingers she was gone. Y/n's shoulders slumped a little when the room became empty, she no longer had to keep up her brave face for Sarah. She was alone now, alone with him. Jareth came to her side and wrapped his arms around y/n's shoulders. He contained himself not to smirk in front of y/n. His plan didn't go completely according to plan but it all worked out in the end. He had y/n and that brat Sarah was gone. He might have lost a potential goblin but gained a bride.

"Don't cry my dear." Jareth snaked in front of her and tilted her chin up towards him. He looked into y/n's eyes who, just like Sarah, had tears in them. "I'm here to comfort you, if you wish me too." He said in a light whisper.

"I want to go to my room." She said in a defeated voice. Jareth knew this was going to happen. Y/n was going to push him away, only because she was upset right now, Jareth knew she would get over it soon.

"Of course my love. If you need me just call me."