Chapter 10: Meeting the SCP

Zack's POV

I couldn't seem to fallen asleep because of excitement, so I got up and exited my room.

In the lobby, I bought some coffee from the vending machine and went back to the elevator.

" I can't wait for the next scene. "

The elevator was on 7th floor. I looked at the CCTV monitor of the inside of the elevator. It was Horikita on her uniform.

" Quick, I need to hide. "

I don't want her to saw me, so I hid behind the vending machine. The elevator reached the first floor.

While being wary of her surroundings, Horikita exited the building. After she disappeared into the dark, I followed her.

I intentionally hid myself again after turning the corner.

Horikita stopped moving. There was another person's figure. Its Aniki!

" Suzune. I didn't think you'd follow me all the way here. "

Should I hurt him? Or nah?

" Nii-san, I'm different from the useless girl that you know. I've come here to catch up to you. "

" Catch up to me, huh. "

Suzune still has long way to go, but I can say for sure that she can catch up to Manabu or even surpass him.

" I heard that you are in Class D, it doesn't seem like anything's changed in the last 3 years. Because you've always been looking at my back, you've never been able to see your on flaws. Choosing to come to this school was a mistake. "

" Thats- you're wrong. I'm going to rise up to Class A. And then- "

" That's impossible. You'll never reach Class A. Rather, your class will crumble before that. This school isn't as easy as you think. "

" I will absolutely, absolutely reach Class A... "

" I already said it's impossible. You're a really disobedient little sister. "

Horikita's older brother takes a step forward. From my hiding spot, I could see his face clearly.

Of course y'all know who it is.

He grabbed his younger sister's wrist and pushed her against the wall.

" No matter how much I avoided you, you are still my younger sister. If people start to learn about you, it is me who will be disgraced. Leave this school immediately. "

" N-no... I will, I will absolutely rise up to Class A...! "

" Foolish, really. Do you want to relive the painful experiences of the past? "

" Nii-san, I- "

" You have neither the power nor the qualifications to aim for Class A. Remember that. "