Chapter 13: Saving him

( Zack's POV )

Walking into the classroom, Chabs sensei looked around the classroom in surprise. Everyone was waiting in suspense for the results of the midterms.

" Sensei. I heard that the results will be released today, but when exactly? "

" There's no need for you to be excited about it Hirata. You probably passed. "

"...When will they be released? "

" Well, now is a good time. There isn't much time for certain procedures if we did it after school. "

At the words "certain procedures", some of the students have a visible reaction.

" What... what do you mean? "

" Don't be confused. I'll explain it now. "

This school really like to explain the details all at once ( that's a joke)

She stuck the paper with everyone's name and scores on the board

" Honestly, good Job. I didn't think this class would do this well. In Math, Japanese and Social Studies there were over 10 perfects and not only that but Ayanokoji scored perfect in all the subjects. "

After hearing that, everyone clapped and congratulate me... Haahh troublesome.

Looking at the row of 100s, the students were cheering. However, one group of students weren't smiling.

Four of Sudou's scores were a solid 60 points while his English is 39.

"Woohoo!"

Sudou stood up and shouted in relief. Ike and Yamauchi stood up at the same time and cheered.

There was no red line found on the paper. Kikyo and I glanced at each other and she breathed a sigh of relief. Horikita wasn't smiling or cheering but she appeared to be relieved inside. However... Sudou's score in English is still in 39, meaning he failed... Haahh, I need to save him, I guess

" You saw it, right sensei? When we put our minds to it, we can do it! "

Ike had a triumphant smile.

" Yea. I recognized that well. However... "

Chabs sensei had a red pen in her hand. It's happening...

" Huh...? "

Sudou let out a concerned voice.

She drew a red line above Sudou's name.

" W—what the hell? What does this mean? "

"You failed, Sudou. "

" What? That's a lie, right? Don't bullshit me, why did I fail?! "

Of course, Sudou was the first to protest.

The classroom did a complete 180° from cheering to an angry uproar in a split second.

" Sudou. You failed on the English exam. "

" Don't lie to me, the passing grade is 32! I passed! "

" When did anyone say that the passing grade is 32? "