Chapter 10: Not Exactly Living the Dream

Lilliana Moore's POV

'Authentic cast iron columns,' Elijah said, as the two of us walked through the building, two others near us.

'Look at that,' I said, standing near my boyfriend as we surveyed the roofing of the open space building.

'The original bloomery forge fuelled by a charcoal furnace,' he said. 'Well spotted, darling. The modern elements blend very nicely indeed. My foundation has aligned itself with the city's historical preservation society. We have a vested interest in seeing this building protected.'

'Place is a dump,' one of the men remarked. 'The Guerrera family would be doing the city a favour.' Elijah looked down, seeing a familiar moonlight ring on the man's hand, one of which had been infused with Klaus' blood, and which had also been weakening him every full moon since.

'Well, unfortunately,' I said, walking towards the man with Elijah falling into step behind me, 'we cannot allow the Guerreras to demolish one of the city's original foundries, even if it is for something as noble and distinguished as a casino.' Elijah extended his hand.

'So thank you, gentlemen, and do give our best to Francesca.' The men left.

At the abandoned Mikaelson compound...

Music played from a record player as Klaus tried to remove the backing from a canvas. After several unsuccessful attempts, he yelled in anger, tossing the canvas across the room. Elijah knelt and picked up the canvas, placing it elsewhere out of the reach of his brother's wrath.

'I suppose we shall have to call this your white period,' Elijah remarked. Klaus turned, looking at his brother.

'I'm missing a crucial colour in my palette, that of my enemy's blood.'

'Well, I recommend a Venetian red with a dash of rust.'

'It's been months!' Klaus exclaimed. 'Ive adhered to our plan, sit, do nothing, sell our grief... and now my child is safely away, and another full moon is upon us, and another night of pathetic weakness as the moonlight rings steal my strength.' He paused for a moment, Elijah looking at him. 'The inertia is killing me. I need to act. I... I need... I need to spill blood.'

'Well, then, you'll be pleased to know that I and Lilliana have located the last of the 12 rings forged with your blood.'

'Then it's time.'

'And none too soon. I'm concerned about Hayley.'

'She looks well enough,' Klaus replied dismissively.

'She looks no better than you, brother. Now if the two of you would treat each other as more than passing acquaintances -'

'She has you and Lilliana to help her,' Klaus replied.

'Sadly... Like the father of her child, she prefers to fight her demons alone.'