Chapter 36: A Surprise Back to the Past

Several days later...

'Okay, where are we going?'

'You'll find out soon, my darling,' Elijah said softly.

'Come on, you can't withhold this forever.'

'It's a surprise. I thought you liked surprises.'

'Well, this seems more like a kidnapping.' He laughed softly, placing a hand on my knee gently and giving it a soft rub.

'I assure you, this is nothing of the sort. Even I'm not so dastardly as all that.' I looked up ahead, seeing a rather familiar sign.

'Mooresville... you brought me back here? Why?' He said nothing, only pulled into a spot in front of a diner, and parked the car. Then he walked around to my door and opened it for me.

'Come, Lilliana. There's some things I wish for you to see, and for us to do.' I took his hand and stepped out of the car.

'Your answers were very vague, Elijah,' I said, as we sat together in the diner. I took a stab at the slice of cake we had in between us. 'Very Mikaelson of you.' I looked up to meet his dark brown eyes.

'I - I regret using the sire bond on you, twice now.' I frowned.

'Let me get this straight... you basically kidnap me slash take me out on a long road trip, bring me to my hometown, and then proceed to apologise for our magical attachment via cake and coffee? Now that is very un-Mikaelson of you.'

'I wish to apologise for my actions. I do not wish to keep inflicting that pain on you any further.'

'That was a you and Klaus family squabble.'

'And you're just as much a part of that family as I am.'

'Look, buddy, if this is the world's worst breakup speech, it -' I was interrupted by a box being opened and slid towards me. Not a large box, but a small, square-shaped, velvety blue box. Inside the box sat an ornate diamond ring in a teardrop shape, and flanking the diamond ring were two birthstones: mine and Elijah's. 'Oh,' I said.

'I'm not breaking up with you, Lilliana. You mean the world to me, and it is because of that - I... I am asking you to marry me. I want you to be my whole world, and, I love you more than anything. Even more than my own life. When I saw you on that floor, I - I swear, a part of me died. I thought I'd lost you. I'm sorry I was never there like I should. I'm sorry I hurt you by being gone. I'm sorry for using the sire bond on you. I'm -' I cut his words off by leaning forward and kissing him.

'Yes.' I pulled back.

'Yes?' he asked.

'Yes. Yes, I'll marry you. A thousand times, yes.' His face broke into a soft smile, and he took my left hand, slipping the ring on my finger, and then kissing it tenderly.

'Know this, Lilliana Moore... I will make you my wife, and whatever you desire, I shall give you. Whatever is in my power to grant you, I will make you the happiest woman in the world. You've been a part of our family for a long time, and I have a desire to see that come to fruition. And by all that is holy, I will.'

'I know you will, Elijah Mikaelson. I love you.'

'I love you, more than you could ever know.' We kissed again, then pulled back from each other.

'You were planning to pop the question elsewhere, weren't you?' I asked with a wry smile on my face.

'Yeah, I was. But I just thought it couldn't wait.'

🎉 You've finished reading Original Vampires, Welcome to New Orleans (The Originals Seasons 1 and 2 Fanfic) 🎉