COUNTING TATTOOS

"While they all fall in love with her smile she waits for one who will fall in love with her scars."

*****

I had been dreading to try on the lingerie Tyler had bought for me. To me, it seemed overly sexual- wearing a lingerie piece my boyfriend's friend bought for me romantically.

But now I stood Infront of the mirror, admiring how the black, lacey material looked on my skin. I didn't get a chance to try it on at the shop, and now that i finally get to see it i'm glad i picked it out.

A knock on the door disrupted me. I immediately knew it was Tyler, because, as always, Micheal is at work.

It was 10:46 PM so I wasn't expecting Tyler to be awake. Tyler usually goes to sleep early, leaving me to do whatever I wanted past 10 without any interruptions.

He knocked again. I looked back in the mirror. I wasn't thinking of letting Tyler see me like this.

"Give me a minute!" I yelled as I collected my clothes.

"Why?" He asks unknowingly. His voice was somewhat slurred, leading me to believe he was drunk.

Because I'm in my room, weirdo. What if I was butt naked right now? I couldn't believe he was serious. He sounded very serious.

"Im- uh,"

Before I could even get undressed the door opened.

Fuck. The lock has been broken for a while and I kept telling Micheal to fix it but "work".

I swear Tyler's eyes darkened by a whole lot when he saw my attire. His gaze slid over my body casually. I didn't like him looking at me that way. It might make me feel things i know i shouldn't feel.

"Is that the one I bought?" He asked as he sat on the bed. I wasn't inviting you in, asshole.

I nodded and used the clothing in my hands to somewhat cover myself. My lips were clenched together tightly, like i couldn't move them if i wanted to. I was scared that I might say something I would regret.

"There's no need to cover yourself, Gorgeous." His eyes were sleepy, his words audibly drunken.

Tyler leaned forward in his usual elbows-on-knees position, his hands interlaced with each other. The sitting position that my brain finds sexy for no apparent reason.

I still couldn't move my lips. I wanted to kick him out. But the only reason was so i didn't jump onto him like a wild cat and have my way with him.

I stared into the mirror, watching Tyler in the reflection behind me. Watching him stand up and saunter towards me. My chest heaved as the lengthy steps quickly approached me.

His actions were influenced by alcohol. He wouldn't do any of this is he was sober.

I wanted him to back away. I don't have any control over myself. What would happen if he were to get any closer than he already is?

He stared into the mirror, his eyes on my reflection. "You picked a good piece." He said, eyeing the clothing that I still held.

I saw his lips move as he whispered under his breath, "fucking gorgeous,"

I dropped the clothes, watching as they turned into a pile on the floor. The pj's that had recently been on my body turning into distorted shapes on the floor.

"One" Tyler said as he touched my finger. I looked down to his hand on mine, his finger touching my heart tattoo.

"Two" his finger moved to my shoulder, where the tattoo read "lovely"