Chapter 8

After Paul left my house that night, I couldn't sleep. The only thing that ran through my head was the fact that last night I had slept right next to Paul and it was arguably the best night of sleep I've had in a long time. His muscles against my back, his arm protectively around my waist, and waking up to his cute little snore was . . . I don't even know what it was. It just seemed so right, like I had never left a year ago. A sneaky smile managed to creep it's way onto my lips as I inhale the scent of Paul's sweatshirt.

With my brain now wide awake, I decide to take a long hot shower, change into some pajama shorts and a tank top and go downstairs to make myself some peppermint tea. I sit on the couch in the living room which looks straight out into the forest. It's still nighttime, Charlie and Bella are upstairs probably asleep while I'm sitting down here sitting stale tea.

"Elsa?" a voice creeps up behind me.

I immediately stand and clear my throat, "Hey, Bells." Thank god this tea seemed to be doing wonders for my scratchy throat.

She comes forward and wraps her arms around me tightly, nearly making my spill my hot tea all over her, "We've been worried sick about you! Where have you been?" she demands, tears running down her face.

I am at a loss for words, I obviously can't tell her the truth. We all know how well that would have gone down. "I was with Paul," my lips purse together and hope for the best.

Bella blinks for a moment and just stares at me, "What?" Is all that she can say. I only assume, completely speechless.

"Paul came by after the bonfire and after I got home and said he wanted to talk, he wouldn't let me come back inside. I of course didn't want to talk to him, but he threw me over his shoulder and ran into the forest," I shake my head and put my hands on my hips, "Have you noticed men like doing that to us?" I ask her sitting back down on the couch like this was a completely normal conversation.

Bells sat next to me on the couch, "What's wrong with your voice?" she asks leaning on the back of the couch.

My eyes roll, "I fell asleep and you know how the night air bothers my throat."

"Have you noticed that neither one of us can lie to save our lives?" she raised an eyebrow at me.

"Fine, fine, you caught me I'm lying," I held up one hand since my other is holding my tea. She looks at me expectantly as she waits for me to tell me the truth but I just keep sipping my tea letting the herbs and honey soothe my poor throat.

About an hour goes by before she speaks up, "so are you going to actually tell me what happened to you?"

"Nope."

"Why not?"

"It's none of your business."

"I'm your older sister that makes it my business."

"Am I hurt?"

"No."

"Then it's none of your business." I stand suddenly feeling the peppermint tea kicking in as sleepiness crept up on me.

"Elsa, I'm worried about you, you've been acting strange ever since you got here, now please I want to know what's wrong." she asks leaning against the counter begging with those big brown eyes.

I walk up to her and take her hands, "Bells, if anything was really wrong you know you are the first person I would come to right?"

Bella looked into my eyes for the longest time as if she could read my mind, "Fine," she nods and lets it go.

I smile and then go back to my room finally able to get to sleep.

-

Paul's POV