Chapter 2

pain

pān/

noun

noun: pain; plural noun: pains

1.

physical suffering or discomfort caused by illness or injury

verb

verb: pain; 3rd person present: pains; past tense: pained; past participle: pained; gerund or present participle: paining

1.

cause mental or physical pain to.

A few short definitions of the word pain. Because no matter how much you study it, no matter how tough you think you are, pain never goes away and it never gets better no matter what people tell you.

Because People will tell you that it will get better with time but there was nothing good about time because during that time you're wondering what you did wrong and why you weren't enough. Or whatever, happened that will be on your mind through all of it.

Time heals all wounds?

Bullshit.

My pain at the moment that I had thought gone away, came back as I stared into the eyes of the man that had broken my heart a year before. He seemed just as stunned to see me as I was to see him. But he had no idea the things that went through my head and my gut as I looked up at him. I felt like I was going to hurl just from him being there in front of me.

From the corner of my eye I saw Seth frown a little bit as he looked up at Paul. I looked over at him finally tearing my eyes away from the womanizer of LaPush and to my supposedly best friend.

I glared at Seth and he frowned looking a little guilty, looking like a puppy who had just been punched in the face as he looked down at his desk. I close my eyes getting a hold of myself and look up at Paul with a scowl, "Then find another one," I snap at him.

My snap made Paul blink and refocus on me, he clenched his jaw then that cocky smirk that I hated so much creeped onto his lips. He leaned against the desk leaning forward so that his face was just inches away from mine. But I didn't dare back away, not wanting him to think he was winning this little match between us. I was just thankful that he couldn't hear my heart beating like a humming bird with his hot breath in my face. Had he gotten more gorgeous or was that just my imagination? I closed my eyes for a moment to mentally slap myself.

No.

I could not show any signs of weakness. When I open my eyes, I saw that twinkle in his eyes that I had only seen when he knew that he had won. I narrow my eyes, had I not closed my eyes I would have been perfectly fine. A small pain in my back told me, not only had I closed my eyes, I also had leaned back in my seat as far away from him as possible, also giving him a victory.

Luckily, the bell rang and everyone settled in their seats. Thank God that Seth was sitting in the one next to me seeing as I was in the corner of the room. I don't take my eyes off Paul wondering what exactly he was going to do next seeing as apparently with that little gesture the challenge has been accepted. Paul, glared at Seth, which kind of scared even me. I looked over to Seth, begging him not to leave me. But he stood giving me an apologetic look.

I glance back up at Paul and see the smirk on his lips as he sits next to me putting his feet up on the desk. I roll my eyes and take out my books with a growl that made Paul chuckle. Oh how I wanted to kill him.

I flip to the necessary page and bring all of my hair over one shoulder to block my view from him. "Hello class!" says the teacher then grabbed a piece of paper that had probably been announcing that a pale face was in his class. My accusations were correct when he looked up to meet my eyes. He cleared his throat, "Okay, please turn your books to page 394," he says then begins to write on the chalk board.