Love Just Isn't Safe (Paul LaHote)

Way back when I was young and naive. I fell in love with someone. Because that's what you do when you're sixteen and rebellious. But here's the thing, he was the biggest asshole ever. But even though I knew this I dated him anyways and got my heart broken. Don't get me wrong, he didn't use me per say because I never gave myself to him, instead he cheated on me with that stupid bit-

Ugh, sorry I'm getting ahead of myself, every time I tell this story I rant on and on and on. Please let me start at the beginning.

When I was fifteen years old, me and my sister Bella decided to move in with my father Charlie. Jacob Black became her best friend since they both had made mud pies with each other or something. My best friend however, who is now my age, was Seth Clearwater. We were inseparable, always causing trouble. We actually put Nair in Leah's shampoo bottle and made her hair melt off. Though it was mostly my fault; I always forced him into things like that.

It wasn't three months before I saw him. He was nearly six feet tall at the age of sixteen. He had copper skin that looked like it was carved by angels, jet black hair that was always messy, and his eyes were like melted dark chocolate. Call me a sap, but he was absolutely perfect. The thing was; he was the biggest playboy ever. Well, at least of LaPush beach. He had lost his virginity at age thirteen. So the rumors said.

I tried to stay away from him, I really tried, but he had me in his sights and he wasn't planning on letting me go any time soon. He never stopped trying to get me to go out with him. He was borderline stalking me, always "bumping" into my at the grocery store, or any time I went to see Seth at LaPush. Eventually I told him I'd go on a date with him to get him to stop pestering me.

Paul took me to the movies in Port Angeles, and I chose an action movie. I didn't want him to get any ideas if I picked a romance. He kept his hands to himself and he dropped me off at home before ten. The perfect gentleman. To say I was interested was an understatement, I wanted to know more about him. So we started hanging out more and pretty soon I was completely in love with that smug attitude of his.  Though the more time I spent with him, the more my sister, my father, and Seth told me to stay away from him before I got in too deep with him. But it was too late.

I loved him.

Paul confessed to me that at first he had just wanted me to get in my pants, but soon came to adore me. Oh, I was angry for a while. But like the stupid girl I was, I believed him and I forgave him then we went on with our lives.

We went steady for a solid year. We had an entire future set. But then something happened. Me and Paul had been staying in one night, we were watching a gory movie, mostly because every time we did, I ended up cuddling against him like a frightened puppy. He always chuckled, teasing me. But while we were cuddling, I had told him that I didn't want Rachel around so much.

Rachel Black was Paul's best friend. I loved her at first, we turned into best friends, but I always could tell that she wanted Paul. It was obvious that everyone wanted Paul, but, she became handsy, very handsy. She was always hanging on him, and touching him every chance that she got and pushing me off of him. It was starting to piss me off because he started giving her looks as well. Now I trusted my man, I just really didn't trust Rachel. 

I told him all of this but he exploded and accused me of not understanding what they had. He threw a lamp across the room and scared me to death. His temper had gotten worse over the past few months, but I've never actually been afraid of him. Paul realized how afraid he had made me and stormed out of the house without a word.

It took me a minute to gather my thoughts after his outburst. But when I did I realized I didn't want to loose him so I drove after him to a party that I knew he would be at. It was a small party the Black's were throwing, their house was small so there was only a handful of people there. I had checked everywhere for Paul until I found him in Jake's room.

Having sex with Rachel.

That's when my entire world came crashing down on me. The realization that everything we had might have been a lie. That I might have wasted an entire year of my life on him. The realization that I should have listened to my family about him.

I did what every coward would do in that situation. I sped home and locked myself up in my room the entire weekend crying my eyes out with only my sister there to comfort me. Seth stopped by a couple times to give me a quick pep talk, but nothing worked. All I felt was a huge hole punched through my chest.

Paul came around and tried to talk to me a few times, and I knew that I would have to face Paul sooner or later, but I didn't want to. I decided to get away from this place and him and I went to live with my mother on the road. I stayed there for a whole year until I decided to come back and finish out my senior year.

Even if it means I have to deal with Paul LaHote.