Chapter 11

I stood in the kitchen wiping the tears from my eyes, Charlie had gone for a drive to clear his head and Bells was up in her room. Outside the window was a view of their backyard where me and her used to rake leaves and jump into the piles. Actually, it was mostly her jumping, I was too afraid of the slimy snails that may lurk in the dirty leaves.

Bella would throw leaves at me and tease me for being too careful in life. Funny how in the end I'm the one who's been so reckless with the most dangerous game in life. The cheesy game of love. Ugh, how I hated that sentence. Love was so damn stupid yet we needed it in order to survive.

I leaned on the sink and peered further out into the forest and all I could think about was the time that Paul and I had spent together. He had saved me when I tried to kill myself, he plunged into the deep ice cold water and pulled me out. Paul could have died and he risked his own life to save mine.

Should I forgive him for past sins? We were both young and stupid, granted it was merely a year ago, we both seem to have grown up so much.

Bells walked down from her room while I stared out the window, "Have you told him?"

"Who?"

"You know who, the only guy you ever seem to think about despite claiming to hate him." Bella told me, "because you have to tell him."

I've never heard this in her voice before, she wasn't even giving me a choice. She was commanding that I tell Paul of my sickness. "Oh do I? Well-"

"Yes." Bella snapped, preventing me from speaking any longer. Something was wrong, this wasn't my sister. "You have to tell him, if you die it will kill him Elsa."

I sigh, "I know he'll be heartbroken but-"

"No," she snapped again, "I'm not being metaphorical, it will kill him Elsa. He will go into a despair that will be too unbearable for him. He'll go mad and die."

My eyes widened as I stare at my insane sister, "Okay, what the hell are you talking about Isabella? What have you and Edward been smoking?"

Bella looked like she wanted to explain further but shut her mouth, "That's not for me to say, go to Paul and ask him yourself. It's for his own good, please trust me on that." Even though Bella hated the wolf's guts for hurting his sister. She wouldn't wish the pain of loosing someone on Paul, especially not when she knew to which the extent it would be.

Elsa shook her head, "I'm not ready to tell him yet."

Bella stepped in front of her sister when she tried to walk away, "I don't care if you aren't ready. You're never going to be ready to tell him you're dying. Either you tell him or I am going to."

"You have no right."

"I know, there is absolutely no way I want to tell him Elsa but I will if you won't." Bella insisted. "He deserves to know and you know it."

I glare at my sister and grab my keys, "Fine! I'm going are you happy?"

Bella smiled relieved, but sorta remorseful, "Extremely."

I stomp out to my truck and slam the door hoping that my big sister can hear my temper flare from the driveway. So many things raced through my mind, most were angry thoughts to my sister but a voice in the back of my head told me that my big sister was right. If she hadn't forced me into this truck I probably never would have driven to Pauls small house.

His Dad was a total deadbeat and was hardly ever around. His Mom had left him and his father when he was seven years old, then his Dad took a turn for the worst. He started drinking and barely ever paid his house payments, so Paul's always had to get jobs while juggling school and life. He did it with the help of his grandmother, who was too old to do anything more than send money for them.