Chapter 14

Paul and I saw each other the next day, and the day after that and every day for a whole month. He and I never separated for a single moment during the day, and it was agony when we both had to part ways to go sleep. Paul would have stayed with me throughout the night if his snoring wouldn't have woken up Charlie. Whatever imprint bond that he and I shared seemed to have amplified our feelings for each other. Or maybe we were just grown up enough to know how we feel rather than when we were kids. Either way, I don't think I've ever been happier in my life.

The situation with Bella and the Cullens was taken care of the night after Paul jumped out my window. I ate diner with Charlie and Bella came home the next day. She told me about Jake sneaking her out of school to take her to the reservation while Edward was on a hunting trip. She kept things unbelievably vague to the point I can't believe I never realized that she was hiding something before. Guess I trusted my sister too much.

Bella had spent the day with Jake then helped Angela Webber with her graduation announcements. Forks graduation was in a few weeks, the Friday after my graduation. I only had a few announcements to send out, one to Renee and Phil, and one to a distant grandparent of sorts. We didn't have much family so it made things like this a little easier. We only invited family friends, which were all here in Forks and everyone talked enough that invites are barely necessary.

I was in the kitchen looking through the fridge when Bella came home with Edward right behind her. He had this intense expression on her face, I stood up almost thinking that something was wrong, but his face immediately went still when he saw me.

"Everything okay?" I asked.

Edward smiled, "Absolutely fine," he was stiff, even I could tell.

I looked to Bella and anyone could tell she looked scared, "What's the matter Bella?" I whisper coming over to them.

Edward was about to speak, but I stared at him. I knew what he was and there was no way he was going to try and hide this from me. If my sister was this scared, there was a damn good reason for it. He pursed his lips and nodded to me, "Okay, we need to speak to the others." He grabbed his phone and dialed a number. He stepped away from us and began speaking too fast for us to understand.

"Elsa?" Bells questioned.

I winked at her, "Paul clued me in on everything. Apparently, you are going to leave me and Charlie for the Cullens after graduation. How dare you not tell me." I wasn't ridiculing her, not really. She had her own life path to choose, I just wish she'd tell me.

Bella's jaw dropped, "That wasn't his place to tell you."

I nod, "I kind of forced his hand, had he not told me, I would have told him to go away and never come back," I shrugged, "I freaked out when he told me he's a werewolf and he was desperate, don't blame him."

She pursed her lips in a hard line but nodded, "Okay, you can come with us. You're a part of this as much as I am now," she wrapped her arms around me. "I was going to tell you Elsa, I just didn't know how."

I nod and hug her back, "I know Bells."

Edward flipped his phone shut and turned to us, "Jasper and Emmett are on their way, we should go."

I nod and walk out to Charlie, "Hey Dad, Bells forgot something at the Cullen and I wanna see Esme," I leaned down to kiss his cheek.

He wasn't really paying attention, "Okay, be back by ten thirty!" he called after us as his attention went back to the game.

Edward filled me in on everything on the ride to the Cullen's home. There was someone in the house the previous night, he'd been inside Bella's room but stayed clear of mine. He wasn't happy about this because he didn't recognize the scent. This was all very foreign to me, but things must have been pretty messed up otherwise I didn't think Edward would be this worked up about everything. Or maybe he was just as protective as a werewolf.