Thirteen

This guy.....really.....really

He's been talking and bonding with my dad for the past two hours of the party. And I thought he's supposed to be this silent, brooding, mysterious type. But 'lo and behold, he's even more talkative than Aubrey.

"Akala ko ba tahimik si Clark Kent?" Tanong ni Aubrey. 

I dunk all my wine in one go before answering. "Akala ko rin." I said while my eyes are still trained on him and my dad. "Bakit ba siya pumunta? The invitation was supposed to be a joke. Hindi dapat siya pupunta."

 "Wait. You invited him?" Lucy asked.

I nodded my head, "I know it's so stupid! But I can't anymore with the ignoring and no messages." I whined.

Lucy shook her head, "Akala ko ba no strings attached dapat 'to, Fire?"

Aubrey whistled, "Careful, Sapphire. Umpisa pa lang parang talo ka na ata."

Whatever they said made my hackles rise up. I went full on defense mode. Hindi ko rin kasi kayang ma-explain sa kanila kung bakit at ano ba 'to. But this is not what they think it is, this is just an extra, unsatisfied energy, pumped by the sexual tension that's been going on between us for weeks.

I frowned at them, "Hindi ako talo." Kailanman hindi ako madedehado.

Our conversation was cut short when dad bellowed my name, and the two of them started to trail their way towards Lucy, Aubrey, & I.

"I don't know why you haven't introduced me to this fine gentleman, Sabel." Dad said upon reaching where we were.

God, I need another glass of alcohol.

I gestured for the server to give me a refill of the wine before faking a smile, "It's not serious, Dad, so there's no need for an introduction or any sort."

A frown appeared on my dad's face. That's more I like it, the more I'm used to. Hindi ako sanay na nasisiyahan siya sa mga ginagawa ko sa buhay.

Reid inclined his head a little on the side. "Not serious." He echoed. He stared at me dead in the eyes before slowly his eyes fell on my lips. I have the strongest urge to lick and bite my lower lip but I stopped it. I cannot let my dad notice that this guy is basically eye fucking me. 

I looked away and drank on my flute then he continued. "For now."

I choked while I heard Aub suppressing a scream.

"Sorry what was that?" Give it to my dad to make it more awkward. I don't know if he's acting like he didn't hear or he's just asking it again for confirmation. But whatever it is, I'm not going to be standing here making a more fool out of myself.

So I dunk all the wine I have in my glass and pointed at Silas, "I have to go talk to Silas. Catch you guys later." I collectively waved the four of them goodbye and hurriedly left the small circle we created.

Ano bang tawag sa ginawa kong pag-alis? Lakad-takbo? Brisk walking? And is it wrong to leave my two good friends behind? Hindi ko alam, basta alam ko tinabihan ko si Silas sa bar na kung saan busy siyang maghintay ng kung ano mang alak sa bartender na hinire para sa gabi na ito.

"Hey," He said, not suppressing the shock evident in his voice and face.

Tipid akong ngumiti, "Hello again."

"Parang kanina lang, you're in a rush to get rid of me and then here you are." He jokingly muttered before taking the rum  in his hands.

I gestured for another glass of white. "What an asshole thing to do, eh?"