Eight

Holy macaroni, I'm dizzy. I pried opened my eyes and shut it back closed because pain suddenly seized me. Jesus, where the fuck am I?

I groaned and tried to move, then a stabbing pain on the back of my hand alarmed me. With force, I again fluttered my eyes to investigate.

What the fuck? Is that a hep-lock? I traced the tubes attached and saw intravenous fluids dripping from it. The smell of bleach and medicine assaulted my senses.

I abruptly botled upright, cursing when a sudden rush of lightheadedness struck me. I gripped my head and rested my back on the creaking hospital bed.

When did I get here? More importantly, why am I here? I stalked back to the extent of what my memory will serve me.

Busy day at the clinic. A call from Arcie. Meeting Sage and Claus. Weird and loop-holed conversation. Reid showing up. And shit, I blacked out after that.

Fucking hell, that was embarrassing.

I sighed, calming my thoughts. Though I have a very good guess who brought me here, I'm still in denial. I was about to reach for my phone when the door opened and my brother strode in.

He looked relieved when he saw me awake. He placed the bottled water on the table beside me and sat on the edge of the bed on my right.

"Hey, Firecracker. How are you feeling?" His voice low and filled with dread.

"I'm fine, Kuya. Medyo nahihilo lang." Buntong-hiningang sagot ko.

The worry etched on his face soon dimmed into annoyance. Pinitik niya ang noo ko. "I told you, Elora Ysabelle! Magpahinga ka ng sapat. You're practically drilling yourself to dust. Sabi ng doktor, extreme stress raw ito and it's taking a toll on you."

I glowered at him, still trying to soothe the pang on my forehead from his attack. "Sus! Hindi ako mamatay sa stress, Kuya!"

"Alam ko, dahil masamang damo ka." Mabilis niyang sagot.

Ang sarap ipulupot sa kanya nitong tubo ng swero ko. Ugh! Umirap ako, "Mana lang ako sa'yo."

My head pounded. Obviously, it's complaining from all the shouting we just did. I massaged my temples, sinking deeper on the bed making it rasp with my movements.

Seeing my pain, he released a long sigh. "You need to take care of yourself, Fire. You're not omnipotent, okay? Give yourself an adequate rest. Marami namang bukas, hindi ka mauubusan."

If not for the evident fear in his voice, I wouldn't welcome the feeling of guilt. "Okay, I understand. Sorry for worrying you."

"You don't have to apologize. You may be a pain in my ass but you're my sister. I rather kill you myself than let you or another person do it."

I rolled my eyes, but a smile surfaced from my lips. A silence passed, then I sought to ask assistance as to what happened when I passed out, so I can stitch my memory together.

"Sinong nagsugod sa'kin dito?"

"Your friends? I don't know any of them. Kagabi ko lang sila nakita. But one of them looks familiar, si Arcie."

"They called you?"

"No, it was by chance when I contacted you. I talked to Cael yesterday morning and he mentioned a certain person willing to loan you money. Hindi mo 'yon nabanggit sa'kin, kaya tinawagan kita. Another person answered my call, a male, then it was passed to another person, a woman telling me that they are bringing you here because you fainted."