Fifteen

Just what in the actual fuck is going on here? Cobi was sheepishly sitting on one of the conference rooms not even daring to look up to me. He sat there with his head hung low, hands on the long conference table, all the while twiddling with his fingers.

I can sense the nervous energy emitting from him. But who won't be? When you're in the presence of an apex predator like Reid, I would be giddy with anxiety too. Except I'm not.

"Happy you're here, Hiraya." Reid rumbled. His voice sudden chirpier than usual it's kind of eerie. Reid doesn't do happy.

"Why is he here, Reid?" I all but replied, claiming a seat even though I wasn't invited to. I sat adjacent to Cobi who still have his head down low.

Clearing his throat, he sat at farthest middle chair of the long conference table. "You, speak." He all but commanded. He has his back rested on the big, black, leather chair with his leg crossed into a number 4.

I don't know what he did, but I'm sure he did something, because there's no trace of Cobi's arrogance anywhere. Not even a whiff of it. And as strange as it seems, I kinda like that he's taken this matter into his own hands. But I'm not going to outright admit it to him. Because Reid, Reid likes having the upper hand in everything. Now that he's publicly claiming me his, I'll be sure to be careful.

"I'm sorry, Fire." Cobi's words rang, echoing through the silent room. Then he raised his head, "'Yong pera, ibabalik ko. Kailangan ko lang ng kaunting oras."

"Saan mo dinala ang pera, Cobi?"

I saw him gulping, then he looked at Reid then to me. "She asked you a question."

He nervously lick his lips. "Natalo ko sa casino. Hiyang-hiya ako kaya - "

"Kaya pinagpalit mo ako? Iniwan mo ako? Nilimas mo laman ng joint account? Kasi nahihiya ka?" That's his best excuse?

"H-hindi naman sa ganun, Fire. We have grown apart-"

I raised one of my hands to stop him from going further. I have no intention of rehashing the memory of our relationship with him, much more with Reid sitting there idly with a stoic look on his face.

"Kailangan ko 'yong pera, Cobi. Para sa clinic 'yon. May mga taong umaasa sa'kin pero inuna mo 'yang sarili mo."

"Oo, ibabalik ko. Tulad ng sabi ko, I just need time."

"You will give the money in 3 months time." Reid grumbled. I saw how the color drain from Cobi's face as he stared at Reid in disbelief.

"H-hindi ko kaya ng 3 months."

"That's not our problem. 3 months or there will be consequences." Reid replied, his voice thick with menace and dark promise.

Cobi, nervously nodded his head again. Now I'm curious as to what transpired between the two before I arrived. Kung bakit takot na takot na lang si Cobi kay Reid. "O-okay, three months." Then he pinned his gaze to me. "Promise, Fire. Three months."

"You can leave." Reid commanded. 

Cobi shuffled in his seat, almost knocking down the chair before he hurriedly left the conference room like the bats of hell are chasing him. There was a few beats of silence before Reid was the first to break them.

"Come here." He ordered.

Of course, my basic instinct of contradicting everything came into play. "Why?" I inquired with a slant of my head.

His lips quirked the littlest on the side. "Come here and let me devour that mouth."

Damn if my libido didn't react to that. "If you need something, why don't you get it yourself." It was meant to be a joke.

But he stood immediately, his towering frame came stalking towards me like a predator ready to pounced on his prey. His steps were languid and slow, like silk but with purpose and threat. When he situated himself beside me, he gave the chair a pull before turning it so I am facing him. He braced himself on either side of the arm chair, giving me the serious case of deja vu with our position.

"I said come here." He muttered, his face inches apart I can feel his breath fanning my face.

"I am here." I countered.

He then stood straight, gave my hand a tug so I'll stand before he carried me by my armpits like a weigh next to nothing. The next thing I know, my ass is sitting on the black conference table. 

"You look the sexiest when you wear scrubs." He whispered, tracing the little cleavage exposed by the v-neck of my scrub suit's top. Electricity fired my body with his featherlight touch. I burned and ached for him. Up until now, I don't know why my body has this crazy galvanic reaction to him.

"I hate that he was here. I don't like your past men talking to you or even getting close to you." He murmured.

"Ikaw nagdala sa kanya rito. At si Cobi lang 'yon, we may have a past - "

I stopped when he pushed his body in between my legs as he captured my chin with his fingers. "I said I want those damn lips and I want it now."

And he pounced. He greedily ate at my mouth as he pushed his tongue inside. He isn't kissing, he's using my mouth just the way he like it. He angled his head sideways and delved even deeper, exploring all the side of my mouth as our tongue went into a battle of dominance. 

I gripped on his arms tight, he then pulled me even closer to him, emptying the space between us. I can feel his erection against me and I'm not even far behind. My body is getting primed and ready with every flick of his tongue against mine. 

"Hmmm." He groaned against my mouth as he caught my ponytail in his hands. He twisted my hair in his palm and pulled it back. It shoot pain on my scalp but I was too much in a daze from the kiss that I wasn't able to complain.

Keeping his hand in the position, with my neck exposed he ran his nose there. Sniffing excessively like a bomb dog in a mission. "Are you ready to shatter for me?" He whispered, releasing the hold he had on my dark blue hair.

"Shatter?"

"You know why I didn't continue all the way the night I ate you?" He said, skimming over until he reached my throat and gave it a slight suck. "Because I'm afraid you're not ready for me."

"Not ready?" I echoed in disbelief.

He stood straight and framed my face with his hands. It was so big it fanned my face and neck. He pinned my gaze, those olive dark eyes staring as if it sees my soul. "I'm not going to fuck you, Hiraya. I'm going to corrupt you, defile you, and shatter you. And tonight, I'm going to own you."

My breath hitched up when I heard his declaration. I couldn't speak nor look away. There's only two words that pop inside my head.

Well, shit.