Ten

"Doc, may mail sa'yo." Banggit ni Annie pagkatapos ko siyang papasukin sa opisina ko. I was busy reviewing the schedule they sent me kaya tango lang ang naisagot ko.

She placed the thick brown envelope infront of me before she retreatred away, not even waiting for me to ask things. Napa-iling na lang ako. Turning my attention at the parcel, my heart suddenly raced when I saw the name and the address of the sender and basing from the appearance, mukhang ito na 'yong kontrata ng loan ko sa kanya.

He did tell me that he'll be sending it once I'm fully recovered. I've rested for three days, and in those three days, he constantly dropped by my unit. I always greet him with a scowl but deep down, I like it, like that he's always there because I have access to his drugging kiss. But we don't do anything more, he's adamant for me to be at my hundred percent before he 'ravishes' me – his words not mine. And damn if I don't get hot and wet whenever I think about it.

Shaking my head before I get immersed in the sensual-crazed area of my brain, I ripped open the sealed flap of the envelope before slipping out the thick and bounded contract.

There was a blue sticky note attached to the left, top most part of it,

OFFICE OF THE CEO

I'm positive I've covered everything you mentioned. But, if I failed to add some of your specifics, or you wish to add more, feel free to call me and I'll have this edited right away.

REID DONOVAN L. ALMODOVAR, CPA, MS-A, DBA

I peeled the sticky note off and later noticed another one on the bottom right part of the paper. This time it only has five words written on it.

OFFICE OF THE CEO

Missing your lips on mine.

REID DONOVAN L. ALMODOVAR, CPA, MS-A, DBA

Napamura ako. Hindi ko alam kung kilig pa ba 'tong nararamdaman ko. I'm lying if I say I only read the note once. Hindi ko ma-deny sa sarili ko. Okay lang naman sigurong makaramdam ako ng ganito sa kanya 'diba? I mean, I can like him? I think? As long as I don't cross over the 'love' territory, – which I won't be doing by the way – I'm gonna be safe.

Doing my best to steer my head and my emotions out of the Reid Daze Special, I read and munched on the contract. Reading word for word, internalizing and making sure I didn't miss anything. After twenty-five minutes, I saw no fault or read no part we're in it'll put my business on the losing end. I can't help smiling like a loon while I was affixing my signature on every page. Damn, natapos din ang kalbaryo ko. It's been too long since I last slept without this brewing on my mind and I have Reid to thank for that.

Speaking of which, I grabbed my phone and dialed his number. One ring, two rings and he picked up.

"Hiraya," As usual, his heavy, gravelly voice didn't miss to shoot tingles on my spine.

"I got the contract. I already signed it."

"Good. That means I didn't miss anything you demanded." Though his voice is still flat, I can imagine the mischief playing in his dark eyes.

Rolling my eyes at nowhere, I retorted. "The demanding one here is you, Reid. 'Wag mong binabaliktad."

"Such defiance." He whispered, low and seductive that I found myself gulping involuntarily. The effect he has on me is beyond my logical thinking.