Chapter 9

Warning, this chapter has to do with anxiety attacks. If you're not comfortable with that please read a different chapter!

Plot: Logan has an anxiety attack during a sleepover.

"I would rather get impaled by a tree than do that." Tyler stated firmly as he starred daggers towards Aiden's direction.

"Wow, ok party pooper!" Aiden fought.

"I'm not doing a sleepover, ever." He paused before continuing, "Especially if you're going to be there."

"Logan!" Aiden called, pulling Logan's attention to away from the informational book about planets and instead to the conversation. Logan looked at him quizzically as silence arose.

"Y-yes?" He asked.

Aiden stared at him with his classic smile.

"Tyler over here." He got up out of his seat and put an arm on Tyler's shoulder. "Is being a grouch and won't come to the sleepover we've been planning. Tell him why he should come." He pleaded.

Logan put a bookmark through his book and closed it.

"Well everyone's going to be there." He tried to reason.

"That's the problem." Tyler responded as he pointed at Aiden.

"You need a break every once and in while."

"It's not going to be a break with him." He shoved his fingers into Aiden's face.

"Then you can view it as a congratulations!" His next words were barely a whisper, "For whatever you need to be congratulated on, I guess?"

"Like I said not 'break' or a 'congratulations'", Putting quotation marks around the words, "With Aiden there."

Alright time to go to desperate measures, Logan thought, but before he could get a word out Aiden cut him off.

"That's a shame, I mean your sister seemed really excited about this." He said as he leaned into Tyler's ear.

"What do you mean by that?" Tyler challenged.

Sensing the tension rise Logan took his book and his leave as well.

Logan walked into an empty bathroom and paced around.

Truth is in that moment he couldn't relate to Tyler more. He would also get impaled by a tree before going. Logan would much rather stay in his room with his plants, without worry, without his worst enemy, anxiety.

His anxiety came from a lot of things, but the most prominent one was bullying. He was diagnosed during the first month of the school year.

After that Logan started to do what he could. Take medication, try to stay reasonable, stay calm, deep breaths, leave, take the medication.

Right!

He needed to get those refilled after school.

Hold on.

The sleepover can't be today yes? He thought as he frantically checked the date.

Friday, the 9 of December.

Don't worry, stay calm, deep breaths. He thought.  It was totally today, maybe he could explain? Or he could possibly go by there and get he refill really quickly.

No, what was he thinking? It's usually packed, normally he waits a full hour just to get to the front desk. And school gets out at 3:55 and he needs to be there by 4:55.

Maybe he could explain? Logan dismissed that thought as quick as it has came into his head.

No don't do that! He thought, but why? He could trust them right, he could just explain, so why couldn't he?

Logan walked to the sink and splashed water in his face.

He could do this, just one night. With his friends no less! And it's not the first time he'll be at the Clark's house. Plus his anxiety isn't that bad.

He'll be fine.

He was not fine.

He signed as he put his glasses back on and grabbed his phone.

Why? Why did it feel like he was on the edge of an anxiety attack. Everything went fine.

He got over there smoothly via walking. Everyone arrived on time. Tyler came. Nothing got destroyed or damaged.

EVERYTHING IS FINE.

He wanted to scream. He wanted this to stop. He didn't want this. He wanted to go home.

The worst part about all of this, is that he could. The door was wide open, quite literally. So why? Why can't he bring himself to do it.

He gently stepped out of the bed in (one of many) guest bedrooms at the Clark's house. Logan need to go to the bathroom and clear his head.

That's when he heard shuffling behind him and a confused "Hm?".

How did Logan forget that he was sharing a bed with Tyler? The man he forced to come.

What? No! I didn't force anything! He thought.

But he did he was the one who talked with him about it.

Because I was asked to. He retaliated at the voice inside his head.

Are you stupid? He looked so angry then entire time.

That's just how he looks. He tried to stay calm.

A hand grabbed his shoulder and gently turned him around.

"Logan?" It was Tyler, his hair messy and voice a little bit more deeper then usual.

Logan examined his face.

He's angry with you, angry that you woke him up. The voice stated.

"No.." He whispered as he put his hands over his head and looked downwards.

How long has he been crying?

"Logan what's wrong?" Tyler questioned.

"I need to go." Logan stated as he released himself from Tyler's grip and made a bee-line for the bathroom.

When there he turned around and shut the door. Then he sat down on the tile. He pushed his body till his back slammed on the sink cabinets.

Logan inhaled sharply and ran one his hands through his hair, the other held onto his knees as if they were a lifeline.

He tried so hard to make everything stop but he failed.

So there he was, having an anxiety attack at his friends house.

How pathetic, that stupid, horrid voice claimed.

Logan opened his eyes slowly as someone pinched his checks and moved them repeatedly.

When he fully opened then he noticed how much light flooded his eyes, then he screamed and slapped the blurry face that was obscuring his vision.

His eyes quickly examined his surroundings, then he realized that he was at the Clark's house.

And after that his attention was caught by Aiden laughing hysterically at Ashlyn who was sitting on the carpet with a bright red cheek.

"Good morning to you too Logan." Tyler claimed from behind him.

Logan looked up and was greeted by his usual grumpy face, but more blurred then how he remembered it.

"Here!" Taylor said as she handed Logan his glasses.

He put them on, then asked as to what happened, Ashlyn responded.

"I woke up to Tyler shaking me like a madman, apparently you went and shoved yourself into the bathroom."

She got up from the carpet and handed Logan a glass of water.

"Turns out you had an ANXIETY ATTACK." Her tone became harsher and louder on the last two words.

"So, explain." Her eyes pierced his.

"It's a long story."

1130 words!