3 | Blue Eyes

JULIA

The next day I wake up a litte earlier than I usually do. I eat breakfast as fast as I can without any suspicion on why I was eating like a pig when I normally hate having to eat breakfast. Mom was sitting on the couch in her jammies watching some dating show on tv but her mind didn't seem attentive to the screen as I practically jogged out of the house fully uniformed with my backpack. I was scared shitless thinking about what would happen if I got caught. I've never smoked a cigarette my whole life. I don't drink alot at parties either. What am I doing? This isn't me.

The question occurs to me a little too late because I've already pocketed the fancy european cigarettes in my pants. I turn around and I see Helena walk in to the bedroom and she looks confused as to why I'm here. I'm almost as confused as her.

"I dropped my fountain pen here a few weeks ago and I just came here to find it and . . . I found out so bye!" I rushed to explain and pushed past her before she even responded just to get out of there.

Oh my god. I can't believe I did that. I just stole something. Am I a criminal? Can someone explain why I did this again?

I'm in front of my locker in between classes when Ellie Smith confidently corners me at my locker. She has been hinting at wanting to be more than friends with me lately. I don't know how to tell her that I just don't do relationships.

"I saw you at the court today. You looked hot." she giggled at the end of her sentence as her breath fanned my face. "Are you coming to Blake's party?"

I gaze into her eyes, teasing her for the fun of it. "Yeah, of course."

"I'll be seeing you there then." she replied, her lips hovering over mine. I nodded with a smirk, locking lips with her without a second thought in my mind. She grabbed my collar with an intensity as we had made out.

I eventually made it to class, striding and grinning ear to ear as I took my seat next to Gwen. She caught on to my look and started grinning like a maniac.

"What did you do, Julia Bond?" Gwen asked, before resting her hand under her chin and tapping her fingers.

"Ellie Smith." I replied, bluntly.

"Wait, really?!" her eyes glimmered with mischief and intrigue.

"No, I'm kidding. I don't even really like her that way." I shrugged my shoulders

"You player." she slapped my arm teasingly. "Ellie's going to totally bite you in the ass if your being serious. Don't mess with her, man."

"Hey. I'm not going to go above and beyond for her. I haven't for anyone else."

"Ah I think that's the secret as to why every girl seems to fall at your feet. Minimal effort."

She has her raven black hair up in two well-made space buns with two stray bangs fanning her face. Her makeup is flawless from her cateye to her glossed cupid lips. Her nails are coated in black nail polish and wrists adorned with silver bangles. Her mother would have a stroke if she saw what she looked like at school, I mentally noted in my mind.

"I had to stay after school to practice basketball with the girls." I said, changing the topic as I crossed my arms on the table.

"Good luck with that. Swimming practices have been bugging me all summer break, and with school, it's getting even worse."

"Gwen, why don't you just tell your mom that you don't even like swimming?"

"Oh I've told her but she doesn't want to hear me out" she let out a sigh. "It's like just because you were amazing at it when you were my age doesn't mean I have to be"