20 | She Has To Talk

Aurora

I rushed and raced to get the door with no clue as to who would come here at this time of day at all. I used my hands to smooth my unruly curls before twisting the knob and revealing who was on the other side to myself. Julia. Her cheeks are flushed from the cold, and messy blonde hair suits her so well. The hazed look in her cool blue eyes is erased when she makes eye contact with me. It instead turns into a look of calmness.

"Hey, get in here. It's freezing out there," the girl wordlessly trudged inside the place before I closed the door behind us. "What are you doing here?"

"You look sexy in a skirt." That comment made my cheeks go pink, and Julia lazily chuckled as she glanced at my black shirt that stopped before knee-length.

"Julia"

"Aurora," she addressed me, with amusement in her tone.

"Did you drink something before coming here?" I asked, as the blonde beauty pinned me against the wall.

Her cool blue eyes are directed right at me, filled with hunger and desire. Julia's veiny and firm hand snakes its way around my waist, and before I know it, her lips are on mine. She tastes like white wine. Her wicked tongue slips between my lips, and I can feel it explore the inside of my mouth. A warm sensation coursed through my body, tingling and alive. I'll never get adrelaine pumping through my veins like I do when she kisses me. I feel speechless and at a loss of words when we pull away from each other, gasping for breath. I haven't been kissed like that ever by anyone.

"White wine", I mumbled against her lips, still recovering from the kiss. "Did you go to a party or something?"

"Yeah, I went to Gwen's house because her parents were out of town and she was hosting a party. I mean, she didn't take out the fancy liqour, but I knew where it was hiding. Perks of having a childhood friend. What did you do today?" she asked as she leaned out of my touch and stalked toward the living room.

"Nothing much besides going to the twins' soccer match in the afternoon and cooking up some pasta for dinner." I followed her and watched as her eyes roamed every inch of the place.

The girl turned around to face me as her eyes lit up. "That's nice. Did their team win?"

"They did, but . . ." I trailed off from my sentence.

"But what? What happened?"

"They're fighting over a girl," I sighed before deciding to sit on the couch. "Chris is dating Stacey. The girl that they both like and you know, obviously Liam is pretty jealous and he didn't want to talk to him anymore. "

"Are they here right now?" Julia asked as she plopped down next to me.

"Yeah. Reconciling hopefully, " I chuckled as I rubbed my droopy eyes.

Between all of the late night studying, cooking, and taking care of Liam and Chris. I've been losing sleep day by day, and when I do, I eventually lay in bed. All my mind can think is, "Instead of sleeping, I could be doing xyz." Lately, I've got only about four hours of sleep. The golden-haired girl noticed my tired expression and kissed the same hand I used to rub my eyes.

"Are you excited about New York?"

I nodded with a wide smile, "So much. I haven't ever been there, so it's gonna be fun. "

"Oh, it will be because . . ." she pauses to check something on her phone."I made an itinerary! Come here lemme show it you"

I came closer to her, putting my arm around her neck. Her phone lit up with aesthetic pictures and small notes in her handwriting. I smiled at something that wrote "for my girlfriend, Rory," and I think Julia noticed because a sudden series of coughs escaped her mouth before she closed her phone.