10 | Focus!

JULIA

We have a basketball match against another school from Stamford on Friday, and it makes me nervous because with everything going on, I don't think I'll be able to focus. Emma told me if I didn't talk about my situation with someone it would all come crashing on me like a pile of bricks. Her talk put alot of perspective in me. I can't keep moping around hoping and wishing things were better I have to be the one to make things better for myself.

Oh and I haven't even gotten the time to actually talk to Rory, I've said hello to her a few times this week when I see her in the hallways or in class but other than that nothing at all. Although today I have enough time to catch up with her and maybe even squeeze in some flirty lines for Rory to giggle at. When my physics class is over, I quickly slip out of my chair, grab my books, and make my way to the classroom.

I see a blonde haired boy talk to her, more like flirting. With him pushing his hair back every two fucking seconds in an attempt to come off as relaxed and cool. Tyler Rockwell. His shaggy blonde hair covers his forehead, headphones hang from his neck, and his light brown eyes are looking Aurora up and down, and I don't like that he's doing that one bit.

Rory seemed to be smiling and listening whatever the fuck that guy was probably yapping about. I'm sure she's just being nice.

"I'll see you later, Aurora." he smirked, a glint of mischief in his eyes just before he left.

"So, you and Tyler . . .?" I asked curiously as soon as he had left.

"Are friends, but I think he's really cool, and he invited me over to a party at his mansion. My first high school party!!" she announced excitedly in an adorable way that only made me want to kiss her even more.

"Oh yeah, I heard about that thing. I don't think I'm going to go though, but you should have a great time."

"Why aren't you going? C'mon, it'll be fun plus I need a friend there."

"I just have so much studying to catch up on." I flat-out lied.

"Really? Because you should come over at my place and we could study together. It would be fun too, trust me. After we're done studying, we can order some pizza and watch movies. What do you think?"

With that cute and bubbly expression that she had on, how could I have said no? I am just a girl after all.