Prologue

Viren was pacing around his room with a frustrated expression. He turned to the mirror in front of him.

Viren: What is your secret, you stubborn mirror?!

He was angry, confused, and even more frustrated than before. Nothing he did would reveal this mirror's secrets. The Queen and King of the dragons had kept this mirror close to where they slept. It couldn't be just an ordinary mirror.

The door opened and his daughter Claudia stepped in.

Claudia: Learn anything new about the mirror?

Viren shakes his head: no, nothing. I've tried all kinds of revealing methods and not one of them has showed me this mirror's secrets.

Claudia: Well we're not giving up. We'll discover this mirror's secrets sooner or later.

Viren: You're right. It's getting late, you should go to sleep soon.

Viren proceeded to cover up the mirror with a cloth.

Claudia: Perhaps I should. Goodnight Dad.

Claudia walked out of the room closing the door behind her, leaving Viren to his own thoughts.

Viren sighed as he approached the window. He looked up at the half-full moon. A thought suddenly occurred to him.

Viren [thoughts]: What if the dragon King and Queen weren't the only ones to know the secrets of the mirror?

He started thinking about who else could've known. No human would be trusted with that knowledge. A servant to the dragons? Elves? Maybe Elven assassins? He could capture and interrogate one the next time he sees them. He kept thinking as he approached his bed. He placed his staff against his nightstand. Laying in his bed he slips into the world of dreams.

He was standing in a sort of void. A voice called out to him.

???: There is a land called Earth.

Viren: Earth?

The voice ignored him.

???: There is a child. This child knows the secrets you desire to know.

An image of a young child appeared before him. Viren immediately noticed the dragon necklace wrapped around the child's neck. He tried asking the voice more questions but it didn't respond.

Viren was thrown out of his dream. He immediately got up and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and hastily drew a symbol, words, and a list of ingredients as they suddenly appeared in his mind.

He smirked. Maybe he didn't need to wait to capture an elf after all.

Word Count - 413

*Author Note*
- This is my very first book and I am completely open to constructive criticism ❤️