Chapter 14 [Sky]

Bait snores as he rests upon a barrel. Ezran and Zym both lay on their stomachs on a crate beside Bait. Ezran sighs from boredom. Rayla appears to still be sea sick as leans over the edge of the railing, gasping. Y/n stands at the front of the ship, looking over the ocean. This has probably been the most boring part of their adventure, wanting to see land soon. Villads sniffs the air for some odd reason.

Villads: Ah, yes, the smell of land.

Everyone on deck shouts in joy.

Rayla: Sweet, sweet land.

Ezran: Whoo-hoo!

Y/n: Finally!

Berto squawks.

Berto: Let him finish.

Villads: The faint, distant smell of land, that is.

Berto: There it is.

Rayla sighs and goes back to leaning over the edge. 

Villads: About a full day of sailing ahead until we reach the shore.

Ezran: Well, Zym, want to go count clouds again?

Zym's answer comes out as a snore as his tongue hangs from the side of his mouth.

Ezran: Or we could nap.

Y/n looks around. They couldn't see Callum anywhere. Where was he? Bait turns a gray color as he starts walking below deck. Ezran and Zym are napping and Rayla's still seasick. Y/n takes a moment to think. Should they follow Bait? Ah, whatever. There really isn't much better to do, maybe they'll find Callum in the process. 

Y/n follows Bait as they walk down to the lower deck. Y/n opens the door for Bait.

Callum: Hey, can't a guy get a couple minutes of below-deck privacy around here? I'm serious, leave me alone.

Y/n: Oh, sorry Callum. I didn't know you were down here.

Callum turns around and sees Bait and Y/n. Y/n turns around to go back above-deck and find something else to do, but a voice stops them.

Callum: Hey, um, wait. Why don't you guys join me down here. It'd be nice to have some company.

Bait seems to light up at this offer. Y/n stops in their tracks and walks over to Callum. They sit down next to him as Bait jumps up on their lap.

Callum: I've had his letter for a few days now, but I just can't bring myself to open it. I don't know. I know it sounds crazy, but it's like, right now there are words he hasn't said to me, and they're all right in there. They're just waiting to come to life. But then once I read it. . . once I read the last word. . . then he'll really be gone. Forever.

Y/n places their hand on Callum's shoulder. Bait croaks sympatheticly and places his own paw on Callum's leg.

Y/n: I may not be in the right situation to say this, with my odd amnesia and all. But it seems like you're taking this hard. We're all here to support you. Open that letter whenever you're ready, nobody's trying to rush you.

Callum let's out a deep breath taht he seemed to be holding in.

Callum: Okay. Thanks Y/n. You too, Bait.

He neatly breaks open the seal and unravels the letter.

Word Count - 492

*Author Note*
- I am so sorry for note updating for a long time, and that the chapter is so short. The majority of this episode actually doesn't involve Y/n, so there wasn't much to write. 
- I'm noticing that I'm losing motivation to continue this book, so I will most likely end this book once I get through Season 3.
- I am completely open to you asking any questions about the book. I would love to get to interact with you.
- I hope all of you have a great year of 2023
- Completely open to constructive critisim ❤️