Chapter 10 [Sky]

It feels like an entire lifetime since I was freed from that prison. I've made some new friends. Callum, Ezran, Bait, Zym, and Rayla. I'm learning more about this world with each step I take. Who knows, maybe I'll get my memories back. Things have been a little strange lately though. We learned that Ezran can talk to animals, but I can hear what Zym's saying. He keeps saying that he's glad I'm back, but it's too vague to understand. Lujanne has also given me a new bow, since the other was just one of her illusions. It looks as if it's made out of the stars, radiating the warmth of the sun. She didn't give me any arrows though, saying that I don't need them. I've been dreaming a lot lately. A man of stars being held back by shadows, an angel's spirit, being pushed into a dark purple portal. I don't understand it. I keep having it day after day, like it wants to tell me something, but can't do it with words. I think--

A knocking was heard at the door. Lujanne had allowed the group to stay in a few houses she had. 

Y/n: Yes?

Ezran: Come on, Y/n! Lujanne made food!

Y/n stopped writing in the notebook Lujanne gave them and walked to the door. They opened it and Ezran immediately grabbed them by the hand and dragged them over to the table with what looked like a whole feast. Everyone else was there too, except Rayla.

Lujanne: Come and get it, everyone. Elves and humans over here, and those with three or more legs can sit there, with Phoe-Phoe!

Everyone present sat down at the table, the other animals over with Phoe-Phoe. 

Ellis: You named her Phoe-Phoe?

Lujanne: She is a Moon Phoenix. Her name is short for "Phoenix-Phoenix."

Everyone started eating, except Y/n. Something was wrong with the food, but they couldn't quite put their finger on it.

Ezran: You have the best food up here. What's your secret?

Lujanne: Well, my secret is . . . is that it's all fake.

Callum: What do you mean?

Y/n: Uh oh.

Lujanne: You know, fake. They're delicious illusions. You're actually eating grubs.

Callum immediately stopps eating. Y/n grabs a bowl and allows him to spit it out. They pat his back, not really knowing what else to do.

Ezran: Oh, you must mean "grub." As in, "Wow, this is some good grub."

Y/n: I don't think that's what she means Ezran.

Lujanne: No. Do you see what Phoe-Phoe is eating?

Ezran: That bowl of worms?

Lujanne: Yes, that's right. Those are grubs!

Everyone except Ellis wears a look of disgust.

Ellis: I don't care. This illusion pie is the best I've ever had.

Ezran immediately throws up. Rayla comes around the corner.

Rayla: Hey, everybody.

Y/n: You seem to be in a good mood today.

Rayla: It does feel good to have two working hands again. Uh . . . no offense, Ava.

Ava barks once in reply. Rayla pulls out both of her swords.

Rayla: I can slish and slash with both swords again! I can clap. Do handstands . . . I can even do that thing you do when you finsih a nice song and dance, you know?

She does each action as she says them, finishing with jazz hands.

Rayla: And how's everybody else feeling?