Chapter 11 [Sky]

Where am I? What is this place? You were in a room, there was a bed, but that was all. Oh, and a doorway. You walked towards the door way and pushed it open. There was another room, with a couch. There was a woman sleeping on the couch, broken bottles surrounding her. The noise somehow woke her up. She stood and looked a you, though her eyes couldn't stay focused.

???: WHY CAN'T YOU GIVE US MAGIC?

She immediately resorted to yelling. Tears streaming down her face.

Y/n: Wha-- what are you talking about?

???: YOU HAVE EVERYTHING! WHY CAN'T YOU SHARE?

Her screams made your head pound, you were shaking, violently.

Your eyes shot open and you sat up. Tears were streaming down your face. Zym was beside you, nudging your side.

Zym: Khuzaimah had a nightmare again, so I woke you up!

Y/n: I guess that would be considered a nightmare.

Zym: Are you okay?

Y/n: Yeah, yeah, I'm fine.

You dried your tears, but before you could get up, Zym pounced on your stomach. Your wings flared in suprise.

Y/n: Oof, Zym!

He licked your face a couple times, but then went to sleep on your stomach, without saying a word. He fell asleep in the matter of a few seconds.

Y/n: I'm not going anywhere, am I?

Zym doesn't respond. You sigh, and lay back down. You manage to fall asleep again, but you don't dream, as someone makes sure of that.

It's been a few hours and now it's morning. Someone opens the door to your room. They step in and gently shake you awake.

???: Come on, Y/n. You need to get up.

You opened your eyes and sat up. Zym was still sleeping, so you woke him up. He jumped down from the bed and stood at the feet of the person who woke you up.

Y/n: Callum?

Your wings fluttered a little. It was Callum. He looked away, and didn't meet your eyes. Though his ears had a hint of red, was he okay?

Callum: So, Claudia and Soren are here, and Claudia made pancakes.

Y/n: Wait, who are you talking about?

Callum: Lemme just, show you.

You got out of bed, he left the room so you could change. Now that you had wings, you couldn't wear the clothes from the Banther Lodge anymore, so Lujanne gave you clothing that didn't cover your back, so you could still use your wings.

When you exited the room, Callum grabbed your hand and brought you over to the table. Zym followed you. Callum realized what he was doing and let go, seemingly embarrassed.

Callum: I brought them, you said you wanted to meet them?

A girl with black hair and faded purple ends looked over her shoulder. Have you seen her somewhere before? Oh, she was the one that attacked you in the castle. Callum said her name was Claudia, right?

Claudia: They're so cute! Oh, It's a little angel! Hey, you--

Before she can get any closer, Rayla stands in front of you.

Rayla: Whoa! What happened to, "It's not an egg. It's a powerful weapon"?

Claudia: Still true. Someday, it could bring death and destruction raining down on all of us. But right now, they're so widdle!