Chapter 7 [Moon]

We found a cave on the side of the mountain. We step up camp inside before it started snowing. Well, the others were, you were forced to sit by the fire while the others did all the work. you tried to help, but they keep putting you back by the fire. Callum had given you a cloak to help keep you warm. Right now he was drawing. He was too absorbed in what he was doing to notice anything you did. Ezran was also sleeping on one of the rock ledges. You looked into the fire in front of you. It seemed to be... waving at you. It was truly enchanting. you reached one hand out, to mystified to even care about being burned. Your hand was mere centimeters away from the flame. Your hand slowly being enveloped in a golden light. Callum's voice snapped you out of your trance. You pulled your hand back. The golden warmth slowly faded away, but didn't completely disappear. The warmth was comforting and kept you warmer than the fire.

Callum: Y/n, you should really try to sleep.

Y/n: Don't worry I'm... I'm...

You let out a sneeze. It caught you a bit by suprise, so it came out as a high pitched squeak. Rather cute in Callum's opinion. He blushed a light pink, but shook his head and quickly redirected his attention to his drawing.

Y/n: I'm fide.

Callum: You're not "fide," you need rest.

Still not looking up from his drawing. You get up and walk over to him, taking a seat beside him.

Y/n: What are you drawing?

You look down and see a neat sketch of a beautiful woman. She looked kind and caring. She must be his mother.

Callum: When you were down there, under the ice, I was so scared. We all were. I thought I was going to lose you, like Ez and I lost her. But somehow you made it. And now I can't stop thinking... maybe she was watching over us.

Y/n: If she knew what you were trying to do, she'd be proud of you.

Callum: She would also tell you to go sit by the fire and bundle up!

He looked into your eyes and gestures towards the fire. You laugh a bit before sneezing again, and walking over to the fire. He laughs a little too and turns a page in his sketchbook. Starting a brand new sketch. Rayla approaches from the cave entrance. You give her a wave and she reciprocates the action.

Rayla: They're beautiful.

Callum: Yeah, they really are.

They both look over to you. Something gleams in their eyes, but you don't know what. So you tilt your head and give them a confused look. They both laugh and Rayla continues speaking.

Rayla: I found some moonberries. This should keep us full... for a day. And I found these for you. Bogeyberries! Ancient Xadian cure for the common sniffles.

She walked over to you and held two bright lime green berries in her hand. You reluctantly took the berries, and shoved them up your nose. She seemed a bit surprised by your knowledge, but luckily didn't question it.

Rayla: How's the egg doing?

She looked over to the egg. You crawled over and placed your hand on it. You felt little sparks from the contact.

Y/n: It's not getting any better. It was so bright before, but now it's dim and flickery.

Rayla: It's even darker than when I left.

Y/n: We gotta find help.

It is now the next day. We all trek through the snow and up over a hill. You cold had been cured by the berries, but they still kept checking up on you. Ezran didn't want to be carried anymore, insisting that you save your strength. You were confused, but then again, you did scare them half to death when you fell into the lake.