Chapter 5 [Moon]

You're observing the Primal stone along with Callum. He gets an idea and points the moon rune at Rayla. Knowing what he's about to do you snatch it out of his hands, but the moon rune is still glowing.

Callum: Um, why is the moon rune still glowing?

You turn the moon rune away from you and it stops glowing you turn it back and it glows again. Callum takes it out of your hand and keeps rotating the moon rune away and towards you. Creating a low humming sound. Rayla wakes up and grabs Callum's arm.

Rayla: This doesn't end well for you.

Callum: Last night, you thought the cube was just a worthless toy. But now we know--

Rayla: It's a glow toy.

I pick up the cube again and point the moon rune at me. It glows yet again. Have I somehow connected to the moon arcanum or something? I don't feel any different.

Callum: Rayla, the moon rune glows when it's pointed at Y/n! Look!

Rayla looks over to see me pointing the moon rune at myself and rotating it away over and over again. Not able to wrap my head around the fact that I might not be human.

Rayla: That's... weird. I'm going to find some food.

Ezran: Wait, we've got food. We grabbed a sack of bread at the Banther Lodge.

Rayla: I thought this was a sack of clubs.

She does a few sword tricks with it before dropping it on a rock splitting it in half. We all stare at the broken rock. Ezran picks it up and tries to chew it.

Ezran: No, it's food... ish.

Rayla: I'm good.

She walks away to look for edible food. Callum walks up to you, still playing with the cube.

Callum: Why do you think it glows for you?

Y/n: I don't really know. Remember when we were at the castle and there was a full moon?

Callum: Yeah, why?

Y/n: I think the moon, did something to me... Maybe I'm not human, or maybe I somehow made a connection with the moon. I don't really know.

Callum: Oh, alright. It's so cool how you're connected with the moon.

Y/n: Yeah, I guess so. Learning magic would be pretty fun.

Callum: Why don't I teach you how to use the Primal Stone?

Y/n: That would be really cool! Will you?

Callum: Sure. Come on.

You place the cube down by his backpack. He grabs the Primal Stone and hands it to you. We you grabbed it though, lighting started to flicker around your arms. You were pretty sure it didn't do that before, but you paid no mind to it. It actually tickled a little. He taught you how to do "Aspiro", and wanted to show you another one he learned. He drew the  rune for "Fulminis", but couldn't complete the second half of the spell. So lighting was flashing everywhere. Ezran was hiding behind a rock, and you had stepped a couple feet away from Callum.

Callum: Help! Help!

Rayla jumps down from the trees, swords at the ready.

Rayla: What is it? What happened?

Callum: Help!

Rayla puts her swords away and jogs up next to me.

Ezran: He tried showing Y/n Claudia's lightning spell, but he doesn't know how to finish it.