APRICOT SKY (2)

Zee isnt used to sleep in the same bed with anyone, let alone a stranger. The younger one has been sleeping soundlessly since an hour ago, but Zee just couldnt.

He was sleeping to the side. Lucky for him, Nunew didnt make any movement at all. It was a long night. Zee was so tense, it tires him out. It makes him super sleepy that his eyelids feels super heavy.

He was a step away from the dreamland when he suddenly feel someone's hand on him along with a steady warm breath on his back. Zee became wide awake because of this. Nunew was like a deadbody before but suddenly move  closer to him when he was about to fall sleep. Zee want to curse so badly.

Zee move to the side little by little, avoiding Nunew's body like a plague. But Nunew keep getting closer and closer that Zee have no place to go. He was frustrated, and finally decided to just fuck it and sleep because he's too tired to play cat and mouse with the sleeping Nunew now.

And thats how Zee spent his night with Nunew for the first time.

The next morning, it was Zee who woke up first. When he opened his eyes, he was terrified. Because he didnt know how but Nunew is in his arm. As if he's hugging him through the night. One of his hand felt sore, seems like i really hug him through the night —he thought.

He badly wanted to just leave but afraid he will wake Nunew up and getting caught in the act? What kind of act? He also didnt know.

The helpless Zee began to sizing up this guy in his arm. He was sleeping so tightly in his arm with no sense of danger. Even though both just known each other basically last night.

The more Zee looking at Nunew's face the more muddle-headed he becomes. Like how can he be so cute? —he thought. He was so lost in thought as he watch Nunew sleeping face and when suddenly Nunew make a movement, Zee was scared to death. He just thought that it would be so awkward if Nunew find out someone was watching him sleeping, right?

So, Zee carefully pull his hand from under Nunew's head and slowly rose from the bed, go straight toward a bathroom on the corner of his room. While Zee was at it, the one left on the bed opened his eyes and smiles michiveously.

**

Nunew finally left Zee's room around 9 a.m after having a breakfast which Zee has ordered online.

Zee spent his day like usual, with a slight different, there's an additional Nunew who accompanied him on his balcony every afternoon. Zee didnt think too much of it. Its nice anyway to have a company especially when youre super bored and cant do too much because of injury.

The time pass by, Zee is getting better and finally able to move freely after almost 2 months. And his worklife resumed surely after.

Thus, the workaholic Zee is back. Just like before, he'll go to work so early and come back late that he failed to take care of the little plant. It was supposed to bloom soon but its wilting now. It disheartned him honestly.

He left the plant on its usual spot and went out to his balcony. It was 10 p.m, but the road below was still bustling. He looked around the area while the night wind blows on his face. This reminds him of his 2 months break. And when he looked to the side, his eyes caught a figure staring at him. It was Nunew.

Zee smiles when their eyes met, its been almost a month since the last time Zee saw him.

"Nu.." called Zee. The younger one move closer to Zee's side.

"Its been a while, Hia. How is your legs?"

"Its fully healed, i can even jump around like a monkey if i want to." The two chuckled. The atmosphere was so good that night. Zee's and Nunew's balcony is actually close to each other, but Zee just realized that now.

They talked about random thing until midnight when suddenly Zee remember his plant.

"Nu, are you busy these days?" Zee asked. Nunew shook his head slightly as a response.

"Not at all, Hia. We just finished our exams and gonna have a month break." Nunew said, Zee just attentively listen while nodding his head slightly.

"I see, since youre gonna have a break, can you help me with something Nu?"

"Sure, Hia. I have no plan anyway, so i might as well help you."

"Did you remember the plant i always brought out to the balcony when i was injured?"

"I remember that thing of course, whats with that thing, Hia?"

"It wilted, i cant take care of it because of work. Can you help me take care of it? I have yet to see it bloom, so i want to see it once at least. But if i keep it myself, it surely will die."

After giving it some thought, Nunew agreed to Zee's request which delights Zee. Zee ran back inside and came out with a pot in his hands. Zee carefully handed the pot to Nunew then.

"I'll leave it in your care for now, Nu. Thank you." Zee said.

"Hm, anytime Hia. I'll go in now then? Goodnight, Hia."

"Goodnight, Nu.."

Zee nods a bit as he watched Nunew got back inside. He heaves a sight as he looked up at the night sky. And that was the last time he saw Nunew because the next day he become even more busy. He would comeback so late at night everyday, and collapse once he met his bed. This went on for quite a while.

Fast forward to a month after that night.  Zee just got back after 2-days business trip. It was around 5 p.m when he arrived at the condo. He parked his car in the parking lot in front of the condo and leave with his bag and suit coat in hand.

Zee walked slowly to the condo when he  instinctively looked up to where his condo at. He stopped walking and stood there. A memory about his first meeting with Nunew came  to his mind. He was in that balcony while Nunew was here in the parking lot.

Zee smiles as he reminiscing that moment when suddenly he could see someone showed up on the balcony next to his, carrying a pot. And it was Nunew. After a month of not seeing this guy, Zee could confirm that he missed him. Without a doubt.

Their eyes met at last and Nunew's surprised expression reminds Zee about their first meeting, again. It was funny, its like they reversed the place.

Other than that, it was all the same. The bustling road with cars and people come and go. With the beautiful orange sky of bangkok in the background. The plant on the pot looks beautiful with its flowers swayed gently by the wind. It was as if things moves in a slow motion when Zee saw Nunew smiling at him.

What a wonderful sight —he thought.

It was almost perfect. And whats left now is to go there, to Nunew. To hug him and to say that he miss him for the time they didnt manage to meet. To kiss him and to have him for his own.

Zee dropped all of his belonging and raise both of his hands to his mouth, ready to shout. It was out of impulse, yes. But Zee know, he want to say it right there and then.

Nunew looked confused when Zee suddenly dropped all his belonging but he kept looking at Zee. When Zee's voice reached his ears, his ears felt hot and it spread to his face..

"Nu, be my boyfriend, please!"

— FIN —

.
.
.
.
.

Thats it for Apricot Sky!

Also, please check out my brand new Zeenunew story on my profile, especially if youre into angst 🤭