THE SUMMIT (2)

Kuea was in a dilemma.

His mind wander to the night when his father about to kill him a month ago. His father was different from Lian's father who was more violent. His father is the trickiest to deal with.

"I didnt think i raise you to be like this, right?" His father said. Kuea was held on the floor by several guards when his father voiced out his question.

"I'm sorry, father. I—" Kuea was trying his best to speak despite the fear that overwhelmed him before his father cut him.

"Ssshh.. Dont speak, my child. I'm your father. So i at least have to understand you. Am i right?" His father said.

Kuea who have kept his face lowered shudder before his father's words. He looked up to see his father with confusion. He could also see his older brother stoicly looking at him beside his father.

"Should i kill you? Or do you want me to kill your mom too for you to make you aware of your mistake?" Kuea widened his eyes upon hearing it.

"Bring our madam here. Let her see what his son have done." His father said. Some of the guard proceed to walk to his mom's room and before long, Kuea could see his mom looks disheveled. His father pointed his gun at his mom then. He wanted to cry so bad.

"FATHER I BEG YOU, PLEASE! DONT DO ANYTHING TO MOM, DONT! I UNDERSTAND, I WONT DO IT AGAIN I PROMISE!"

**

After that, he try to avoid Lian no matter how much he was hurting and how much he missed him. He endured it all for a whole month which for him was quite suffocating to say the least.

Until Lian suddenly throw this paper at his table that now ended up in his hand.

He looked at the paper intensely. Contemplating whether he should go or not. Lian's proposal was tempting. Its their dream to be together, to live their life peacefully. But at the same time he cant risk his mother's life.

Kuea cant stop thinking for hours until finally came to a conclusion that he cant never run away with Lian. His mother is more important than his own happiness.

And that night, he was determined to meet Lian. To clear things with him and tell him to stop everything between them for good. Kuea sneaked out of his house during midnight.

And at last he reached the place, their place. The meadow on a hill behind their highschool building. It was pitch black without the torch in his hand.

"Lian? Where are you?" Kuea called as he walks through the high grass, making his way to their usual spot. And before long, he saw Lian smiling at him with his heavily bruished face.

"Nu, i know youre gonna come." Lian said as he rose to his feet and about to hug Kuea. Kuea took a step back and there's a deafening silence between them.

"Hia... i'm sorry... i—i cant." Kuea said.

"What do you mean, Kuea?"

"I cant leave my mom, Hia. I—" Kuea hasnt been able to finish his words when he suddenly heard clapping sound. Both him and Lian turned to look at the source and to their surprise, its Kuea's father.

"Good, good job, My Son. So this is the bad guy who ruined you."

"FATHER?!" Kuea exclaimed. He was too shocked to react. With the light from the torch he brought with him he could see his father fishing out a gun and quickly pointing it at their side. He widened his eyes in disbelief.

"FATHER! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?!" Kuea screamed but his father couldnt care less as he makes his way closer to Kuea and Lian. He clearly see his father aimed at Lian.