7

MOON's POV

Here I am, sitting in the middle of Olivia's coffee shop, in shock. 

BTS wants to work with me?

I scrolled through the email from BigHit re-reading it to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Dear MOON-ssi,

We have recently come across your SoundCloud account and were very impressed by your unique production. A few of the members of BTS have expressed an interest to work with you on their upcoming album, and we would like to extend an invitation for you to come to Seoul and bring your talents to BigHit. Your stay here would be for around six months, and we can take care of accommodation and anything else you would need while you are working with us. 

Thank you for your consideration,

BigHit Entertainment

I was more excited that I got any sort of work. I haven't had a record company reach out to me in a year. Before I could click the reply button to accept it, Olivia grabbed my phone from behind me.

"Can you please stop scrolling on your phone and talk to me?"

"Liv. Don't scream, but I want you to read what's on my phone. Promise me you won't scream" I said cautiously.

She curiously scrolled through the email on my phone. I was waiting for a squeal. But, I got what I least expected.

"Y-you're l-leaving me for s-six months?" she let out, droplets of tears beginning to stream down  her face.

She sat down on the chair across from me. I was in disbelief. She wasn't excited?

"Liv, please don't cry. I will come back, its only six months, and we can keep in touch. And hell, you can even come and visit me! Just like you said, remember." I tried to calm her down.

"Yeah, that's awesome. I mean, I'm happy for you, it's just that, you have me, and I have you, and that's all we have. " She looked me in the eyes. "But, I'm really proud of you." She got up and wiped her cheeks. "You have to go, you're going right?" She asked.

I sat there silent. I was still in shock from everything. I mean, am I really going to just go to Korea for six months? I'll have to make new friends, basically build a whole new life.

Olivia sensed my uneasiness. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make it seem discouraging. I really am so proud of you. And, it's BTS! I mean you get to work with the biggest boy band in the entire world. You deserve it." She looked at me hoping I would be receptive to her words.

"Yeah. Sorry, I'm just sort of shocked that someone even noticed me. And someone from a different country? I wasn't even aware my music reached that far. But Liv, thank you for being so understanding. You have to come and visit me." I got up and wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm so proud of you" Liv mumbled. 

-

It was just about time for me to embark on this journey as a producer for the biggest boy band in the world. I was so caught up in thinking about how I'm no longer jobless, that I forgot that the people I will be working with are people that I have actually seen live and grown to slightly admire. I mentally thanked Olivia, because if it weren't for her, I would have been extremely lost.

I zipped up the last of my suitcases, and placed them near the front door. Mandu came up to me meowing. I picked her up. 

"I know Mandu, you and I are going to a whole new world now."

I brought the suitcases down the stairs and outside, where I saw Olivia's car parked. She helped me load the suitcases in. 

The drive to the airport started out silent, and Olivia put on a BTS song. "So, this song is called Blood Sweat & Tears. If they ask about me, tell them this is my favorite song and that Jung Hoseok is my bias. My life will be complete." She beamed at me.

"Liv, I don't think I'm going to be close enough to them to speak openly like that. They'll probably think I'm weird" I looked over at her, cracking a laugh.

"Fine, but promise me, on the last day at least, no matter what, you will tell them that. Even if it's the last thing you tell them." 

"Deal" I nodded.

-

We pulled up to the airport curb, and Liv got out to help me with my bags. Once I got all of them out, including Mandu's carrier, I shut the trunk.

"Well... I'll see you soon? Thank you so much for everything Liv. I love you, and I promise to call or text you often." I said smilling awkwardly. 

"I love you too Chae. I can't believe you're going to be living out your dream and my dream all at once" She wrapped her arms around me. We both laughed.

I turned around and started walking towards the airport entrance. Liv was back in her car and she waved at me aggressively with a sweet smile on her face. I chuckled and threw up an air heart. 

I walked up to the check-in counter. 

"Name?" The lady asked me.

"Moon Chae-won" I said, as I slipped her my ID.

She took my bags and handed me my ticket.

-

I walked through the airport holding Mandu's carrier. 

Finally, I had reached gate K11. 

"We are going to start boarding for Korean Air flight 1340 with service to Seoul, boarding group A, you may board now." The front agent announced.

"Mandu... are you ready?" I said, picking up her carrier and heading for the jet bridge.

MOON • bts जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें