27

As soon as I got home, I threw my bag on the couch, not caring about the very expensive contents, and slid down the door. What just happened?

I wasn't upset, but I was uneasy. Maybe it was nervousness? Or all of the above? 

It's not that I didn't want it to happen, I just thought that it couldn't happen. 

Not to mention, I stumbled out of the hospital room, probably looking like a flustered mess. How awkward.

Just as I was about to get up, there was an aggressive knock on the door. I looked through the peephole to see a brightly smiling Taehyung. 

"Annyeong, Chaewonie." He said as he walked in casually, plopping himself down on the couch. I just watched him. 

"Your face is red... are you blushing?" He looked at me slyly while wriggling his eyebrows. I sighed and rolled my eyes. 

"I didn't know I had that much of an impact on you, Chaewon-ssi." He said in a flirty tone. I went and plopped down on the couch opposite to him. 

"You wish."

He scoffed at my remark. 

"Why are you here anyway?" I asked, though it came out slightly more rude than intended. 

"I was bored. Jungkook had to fly to Busan on short notice today, and Jimin was hanging out with some friends. The other hyungs... well they can barely walk, so it wouldn't be that fun." I was taken aback for a moment, but then pulled out my phone to check messages. And behold, Jungkook had informed me he had to go and would be back in a couple of days. 

I nodded, slightly chuckling at his last statement, though I probably shouldn't be laughing about that. Taehyung turned the TV on and started channel surfing. I went to the kitchen to make some popcorn, and when it was done I brought that and some soju to the table. 

Taehyung patted the seat next to him, so I sat down and retrieved the bowl of popcorn. 

For the next hour or so we watched some random shows, making small talk every now and then. That was, until Taehyung came up with a really bad idea. 

"Hey! We should go and visit Namjoon hyung, I bought him a gift the other day and wanted to give it to him." He turned the TV off, awaiting my response. I tried my best to think of a response as fast as I could. One that would be believable. 

"My head hurts?" It came out more as a question. "Yeah, my head hurts, I think I'll pass." I grabbed my forehead with my hand, trying to convince him that I was, indeed, in pain.

"Yah! Don't lie to me. You're fine. I'll buy you some kobuk chips if you come with me." He said, putting out his pinky finger.

I stared at his finger and then back at him. It was a tempting offer. But did I really want to have to deal with the emotional rollercoaster that was going to be seeing Namjoon mere hours after kissing him just for some chips I could probably buy myself later?

...yes.

I reached out and intertwined my pinky with his.

-

Taehyung and I exited the car, and as usual, the media was all over the place with cameras in our faces. I had become somewhat used to it by now, but no one knew who I was. When I went alone, I was just some random girl visiting a random someone in the hospital, but when I went with the boys, I had to pretend I was a staff member. There would be lots of space between the boys and I. Often times I would carry a folder, wear a badge, or even hold a camera to not raise suspicion. But holding a camera was not enough today, I guess.