24

Moon's POV

Should I go today? I hadn't gone in three days.

Now that Namjoon had been awake, it felt weird for me to show up to the hospital like I usually did. I would sit next to him and write, cry, confess my inner thoughts, but now, if I did that I would just embarrass myself.

But a part of me also longed to go. To see him. He had taken up so much headspace the past few months that to suddenly stop my routine would be hard.

There was a soft knock at my door. Yoongi, his left arm still wrapped in a cast and waist fitted with a wrap, emerged from the doorway. He was struggling to walk. I quickly got up and placed his right hand on my shoulder, helping him walk to the couch. Once he was down he let out a sigh.

"Oppa?" I asked curiously.

"I couldn't handle it there with Taehyung and Jimin bickering. It was too much. I hope you don't mind." He shot me a small smile.

"No not at all, you are welcome to come over whenever."

Mandu got up from her small bed and walked over to Yoongi, jumping on the couch and resting her head in his lap. I chuckled. Yoongi looked disturbed.

"Yah! What is it with your cat. My Min Holly would never do this without permission." he exclaimed. I just cooed at the sight of small Mandu digging her face into Yoongi's stomach.

"You haven't gone in to see Namjoon in a while." Yoongi said pointedly.

"I-" he cut me off. "You like him. We all know."

I looked at him in shock. Was it really that obvious?

"I don't know what you mean." I threw in a last hail hail mary attempt.

Yoongi chuckled before speaking. "You didn't think coming in to the hospital every day to see Namjoon, and cooking him food even though he wasn't awake wasn't going to be obvious?" Yoongi raised his eyebrows, surprised at my retort.

I chuckled nervously. He continued.

"On the way to the bathroom once I saw you in his room. You were crying and holding his hand. Don't worry though, only I saw." He had a sheepish grin on his face.

"How did you even see that? The bathroom was in the opposite direction?" I asked, flustered.

"Ah- I know, I didn't actually see it. But you just confirmed that it happened." He smirked. My head was telling me to slap that grin from his face.

My eyes went wide in shock.

"Chaewon, it's okay. There's nothing wrong in it. Things like this happen. But just so you know, it is in your contract to not be involved in romantic relationships with any members. So, be careful." He became serious.

Of course it was. I completely forgot. There definitely was a no relationship policy in your contract, so how could you ever think you had a chance? Why did you let your feelings grow when you knew it was wrong?

I just nodded at his comment, hoping that the topic of the conversation would change. It was something I was going to have to figure out on my own, somehow. But one thing was for sure, Namjoon could not know about my feelings, ever. That was a secret that was going to go to the grave with me.

Without knocking, Taehyung and Jimin burst through the door bickering. Yoongi groaned and rolled his eyes. I stared at the two boys who were yelling in front of me.

Taehyung turned to me, and just as he was about to ask me something I cut him off and stood up.

"I am not getting in the middle of this. Yoongi Oppa and I have a meeting with PD nim now, so we have to leave. Feel free to grab some food from the kitchen if you get hungry." I smiled helping Yoongi up, and we both headed for the door, narrowly escaping an argument that we wanted nothing to do with.

"Thank you." Yoongi mumbled.

"I'm sorry I didn't hear you properly, can you repeat that?" I exaggeratedly cupped my ear with my hand.

He rolled his eyes. "I said thank you." he sighed, defeated.

"You're welcome." I smiled.

"Anyways there was another reason I came. I was planning to go visit Namjoon since I feel slightly better. I got some inspiration for the album and I wanted to share it with him. I wanted to see if you wanted to come with me." He had an expressionless look on his face. I felt bad to say no, even though I really didn't want to go. I feared I wouldn't be able to handle my emotions correctly, and somehow expose myself. I paused briefly, but I reluctantly agreed.

-

Yoongi knocked softly and entered the room. I followed him closer to Namjoon's bed. I noticed the bandages that were spread across Namjoon's face were now gone, leaving behind stitches and bruises. His left pinky and ring finger were covered as well, and his left leg was now in a boot instead of a cast. Namjoon smiled at the sight of his hyung, and then shifted his eyes to mine. I quickly looked away, not wanting to hold any eye contact.

"Ah- hyung! Moon-ssi. Thank you for coming."

Yoongi pushed a chair and set it next to Namjoon's bed. Still in pain, he groaned when he sat down. Namjoon looked worried.

"Hyung, you shouldn't have come, you're still in pain."

Yoongi nodded the comment off but began talking to him about some ideas he had for new music.

Some might think it's odd. Why would Yoongi and Namjoon talk about music when they were in a horrible car accident just some months ago? Shouldn't they have other more important things on their mind?

The answer was not so simple, but if you knew them, then it actually was more understandable than you'd think. Music was their life. It was all they ever wanted to do. And both of their minds complimented each other so well, be it in the studio, or even otherwise. They were the ones who lived together the longest, the ones who built the foundations of BTS, being the first two members. So why wouldn't they be discussing music right now?

After some time, I excused myself to the washroom. Being in Namjoon's presence, but not being able to talk to him like I did for so many months was too stressful.

Yoongi's POV

Chaewon excused herself to the washroom. I took this as my opportunity to tell Namjoon some things she may or may not kill me for later.

"Joon. She's special." I said.

Namjoon looked confused at the sudden topic change.

"All these months that you weren't awake. She was here, every day, even cooking for you with the small hope that you would wake up. She would sit here for hours making music too." Namjoon's eyes widened.

"It all makes sense now. I think?" He said. It was now my turn to be confused.

"Hyung- I felt a small, soft hand in mine every now and then. And I could even hear some small whispers. It was a woman's voice. She would sing some times. A hauntingly, beautiful melody. Sometimes she would talk. But I don't remember exactly about what. I thought I was dreaming?" Namjoon's eyebrows furrowed as he continued to explain what he had felt and heard the past couple of months.

Before I could respond, Chaewon walked in. I turned to look at her. She had tied her hair up and her face looked like she had just splashed cold water on it.

"S-Sorry, I need to head home, it's almost dinner time, and Jin Oppa can't cook." She looked down shyly. Shy Chaewon was not a site that I usually saw, but considering Namjoon had his eyes on her, it was understandable.

Namjoon thanked her for coming, and she let out a soft smile before quickly rushing out of the room.