16

text from Hyejin Unni

Hyejin Unni: I hope you and the other boys are getting some rest. I just heard that they will need to be in the hospital for some time. The managers have arranged a visit for you and the boys tomorrow at 11 AM, a car will be sent to the apartments.

Jungkook and Jimin were silently waiting for me, knowing I had received some information that they hadn't.

"We are visiting the boys at the hospital in the morning." Both of their eyes lit up.

Jungkook let out a sigh. He has bared the brunt of the situation the worst. Being the youngest, one of the most important things in his life were his hyungs. And now, all of that was gone in a matter of a few hours.

Jungkook's POV

This whole situation was a mess. After moving to Seoul to pursue music, I left my whole family behind. These 6 boys became my family and I had no one else. It feels surreal to be in a situation like this, one that you would never expect to happen.

Something I never expected was that I'd get closer to Moon. For all this while we had been awkward with each other. I had grown out of my "scared of women" phase long ago, but with her it was different. We aren't used to working with other artists out of our company. When Yoongi hyung excitedly showed everyone her music, I was in awe at her talent. But there was always an awkward boundary between us.

But when I saw that although she has known us only for a little while now she still cared a lot for my hyungs and me, that changed. She really felt like an older sister throughout this whole situation. I'm not sure I would be able to handle it without her.

"Noona, you should go to sleep. Jimin hyung and I will be okay." She looked really tired. Her eyes were swollen and puffy, and she looked like she would fall asleep at any moment.

"No, it's okay. I don't think I can sleep anyways. But I am going to go to my room. If you need something please ask me, I will be awake" She stood up, bowed, and headed to her room.

"Hyung she is very sweet. Before you got here, she was there for me." Jimin looked at me and broke a smile.

"Oh- our Jungkookie has a crush?" He nudged my shoulder.

I shrugged. "It's not a crush. She's like an older sister." I chuckled.

Jimin nodded. "Yeah, I haven't talked to her much, but she seems really caring and focused on her work. She's already helped us with the album so much. "

I started to hear the sound of a piano coming from the hallway. And then a her soft, soothing voice chimed in. There were no words. It was just her voice, guiding the melody, and her fingers following carefully.

Jimin and I sat in silence.

She stopped and re-started many times. It seemed like she was composing a song, filtering through all the combinations of melody, before finally settling on one of them. Jimin and I were witnessing her first handedly composing a song on the spot. Her talent was other-worldly. The melody pulled my heart, and I was met with a feeling of an almost euphoric heavy weight that weighed on my heart. But then, it stopped. It was left unfinished.

I peered over and realized that light in the hallway had been switched off.

Jimin had fallen asleep on the couch next to me, clutching one of the pillows tightly.

Slowly, I drifted off to sleep, replaying the beautiful melody that had been etched in my mind.